Bunny Purr

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
I am so excited. The only time Apollo has to go inhis cage is when I'm sleeping or when I'm not home. Last nightI didn't cage him. I wanted to see how he woulddo.He jumped up on the couch and slept with me for thelongest time. He finally slepton the floor against the couch.He did awesome.

I woke up this morning to a face full of Apollo. He laid down next tome and stretched out. I was petting him when I heard a weird noise. Icouldn't figure out what it was because it was so low. After about fiveminutes I finallyfigured out what it was. Apollo was purring.I've read about it and heard about it but never heard it. I am sohappy!

Is the purr always so soft? Or is it different from rabbit to rabbit? Just curious.

Tina

dajeti2,

That's awesome! As far as I know, I have never heard a purr. My boysare both outside but I would absolutely love to bring them inside andsleep with them, they're so cute and cuddly, but I think that onlySpice would tolerate it. Mocha would probably bite my hand all night ifI stopped petting him! I can just picture Apollo, he loves you so much!

Laura, Moch, & Spice

It was so cute. The really funny thing is I had myneighbor's daughter spend the night. Apollo went and woke her up. Hekept nudging het so she would pet him. The poor girl was half asleeppetting him. She fell back to sleep betting him. When he realized thatnudging her wasn't getting him anywhere he came back over to me so Icould pet him. It's no secret who runs this house lol.

Tina

That sounds like Spice. He is not all subtle aboutwanting to be pet, he nudges you as hard as he can with his nose orshoves his nose under your arm. Mocha is even more bossy with thebiting. I can just picture Apollo! So cute! Lets not have him give myboys a lesson. ;)They already rule this property and housepretty good!

Oh, Tina, this is so great! Iknow that you're so proud of your little baby!!! :DApollo is a real baby doll! I wish that I could get Shermanto come and lay down and sleep byme!

Sherman purrs when he's eating his very favorite foods andafter I've been petting him for a while and he's become totallyrelaxed. It's very low, just like a cat's.

Latest posts

Back