Purina pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun Mom

Reaction score
It's been 3 days now that Benny and Blossom's hadtheir new food not mixed with the old pellets. I ended up finding thePurina show rabbit in one store. Blossom loves it!!! Benny's on strike!The first two days he dug it all out looking for the old stuff. Today,as soon as I put it in his bowl, he kicked it and went to hishay/veggies. I'm guessing he's not a happy bun bun with me....haha

Apollo has almost finished making theswitch from a local pellet feed to the Purina. He's not real thrilledabout it but thankfully he's eating it. The first 2 weeks he made sucha mess digging for the old pellets. What little stinkers they can belol.

Tina

Had the same problem with Corky, he threw it ALLover the room when I changed....I quit using that kind and foundanother kind he's changed to with no problems...No more pelletparties! :D

They really let us know it when we change food onthem. Chompers had a fit when I switched from that rabbit mixed junkfood to real stuff. (Back when I first got him a couple years ago anddidn't know any better.)

Vash went on a hunger strike for a few days whenI switched him to Purina. The Purina looked and smelledbetter than his old food. Now, he comes running when I refillhis bowl.

None of the stores sell Purina for bunnies aroundhere, small town , but I was wondering if anyone had an opinion onMartin's Rabbit Food?

Lisa

Ya thats too bad, I wonder if a business approached them if they would consider selling it in Canada.

I also heard that Blue Seal is good.....I'm not sure, my rabbit hasbeen on Martin's since I got him but I want to make sure that he is ona good food.

What are you using now? As long as it has atleast 12%+ crude proteinand at least 18%+ crude fiber, youshould be alright.

By the way, very cute bunny. :)

Sebastian loved itwhen I changed over to Purina. I've really noticed a huge difference inhis coat since I changed also. Of course, it's possible that it couldbe his age too. I've been reading more that fuzzies coats become moremanageable the second year...

RaspberrySwirl

Emmy's eating this rabbit pellets/ food calledNutrigrain. She's adoring it right now. Maybe I should switch toPurina, since I highly think everyone on this forum is sastified withit? ;)

I checked out the Martin's and it doesn't havenear enough Crude Fiber (only 15%) so I'm going to check out theOxbowsBUNNY BASICS/T,Thanks Rainbow :).

Lisa

Bunny eats Oxbow Bunny Basics too, he does prettygood on it. He used to eat Volkman, but it was alfalfabased. Is Purina a good food? It sounds prettypopular.

Well, 4 days now and Benny still refuses to eatit. When he was out today, he kept running over to the storage box Ikeep the food in and pushing on it. So, I opened it up and he got soexcited until he looked in. Poor bunny thinks he's starving. I surehope he starts eating it. Blossom loves it!

My pigs eat Oxbow so I order their bunny food once. He wouldn't eat it either.

When Ifirst started mixingBlueSealinto their Oxbow (in order to switch toBlue Seal), I was expecting at least some resistance from the King andthe Diva.

They ate all the Blue Seal pellets and left the Oxbow in their dish:shock:Lil' freaks just had to prove me wrong...:p

Latest posts

Back