Brewer's yeast

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
In case any of you are trying powdered brewer's yeast as flea powder....

if they get damp after applying, it really cakes onto the fur! hehehe

Bunbun had stiff spikes! But they combed out pretty easily and he looksgood. Even if it doesn't work on fleas hopefully it will be good forhim anyway.

Rose

Hi Rose,

I don't use flea powder, but I understand that you should go with the kitten flea powder for rabbits.

Depending upon what you're trying to do, I'm sure there are other methods.

I'm not familiar with Brewer's Yeast, but I'd be cautious with it if I was getting spikes.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Hi Rose,

I don't use flea powder, but I understand that you should go with the kitten flea powder for rabbits.

Depending upon what you're trying to do, I'm sure there are other methods.

I'm not familiar with Brewer's Yeast, but I'd be cautious with it if I was getting spikes.

-Carolyn

Why? It was just a little wet in his fur, and the fur stuck together alittle. I think it's safe, I tried it a few days ago. I know it's goodfor humans (mom made me take it once!) and critters and figured puttingin his fur was the best way to get him to eat it (didn't go for it inthe food!). Apparently it's a safe flea repellent for animals if theyeat it regularly.

I've never heard anything unsafe about brewer's yeast--is there anything you've heard?

Rose

I said I hadn't heard of it. I misread you were using it with water, of course that would cause spikes.

If the rabbit has fleas and you know it's safe, go for it.

-Carolyn

Oh, ok. Yeah, I put it on dry but then it rainedand he likes to sit by the cage door and get wet. So he had one sidespiky and the other side dry.

It's too soon to say....but I think it works!!!!!!!

Rose

rabbitgirl wrote:
In case any of you are trying powdered brewer's yeast as flea powder....

if they get damp after applying, it really cakes onto the fur! hehehe

Bunbun had stiff spikes! But they combed out pretty easily and he looksgood. Even if it doesn't work on fleas hopefully it will be good forhim anyway.

Rose
My dogs take brewers yeast it seems to work for them,but they eat it. I am going with natural for nowbecause many flea repellants bother me, as in sneezingcouching, etc.

Thanks y'all!

Now I ama bit more familiar with Brewer's Yeast. :)

-Carolyn

pamnock wrote:
LOL You are supposed to "feed" brewers yeast as asupplement -- not apply it to the coat ;)

Pam

Heheheh....

I know. But the little squirt won't eat it in his food. He ingests moreif it's on his fur! Plus, hopefully it'll repel any fleas on his fur.Worth a try, anyway, since he won't take it any other way.

Gotta be sneaky!

Rose

I just got some tables I added one tablet to the water figuring it will dissolve and they will drink it getting it into them that way. Might want to give it a try.

Latest posts

Back