R.I.P.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruka

Reaction score
I know this is a rabbit forum, but there issomething I need to get off my chest. Earlier this evening, my guineapig, Sputnik passed away. While he was in my boyfriend's backyard, heran away. After my boyfriend searched for an hour, he found Sputty inhis neighbor's yard, lying down and not moving. He suffered from asevere head tilt. Sputty couldn't walk or move normally. He squirmedwhen he was being touched. My boyfriend called me shortly after and Iwent to his immediately. There was nothing I could do but I wanted tosee him one last time before he passes. Forty-five minutes passed byand I could no longer see him in this kind of pain so I decided to callthe vet's office that I am currently job-shadowing at to find out if itis possible for me to euthanize him myself. My co-worker Donna saidthere wasn't much I could do but to bring him in to the office. So Ibrought him in a shoe box with bedding to keep him as comfortable aspossible. The vet placed him in a tin box with cotton pads drenched inether to knock him out. I don't know how I got through watching. I wasstill in shock. I couldn't believe he was gone. He was only a fewmonths old. I stayed for the euthanasia process which was hard for meto watch but because I am interested in studying veterinary sciences, Ifelt it was best for me to experience this. I don't want to get intodetail on what the vet did but it was heartbreaking. The last time Ifelt this much guilt was when my dog was put down last November.

Sorry, guys but I am just extremely saddened and wanted to share itwith anyone who cares. And I wanted to thank those who postedinformation on head tilt. I learned a lot even though I couldn't domuch with Sputty.

[align=center]
sputty8md.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]I'll miss you my little dumpling.[/align]

Sputnik sure was a beautifulboy. My heart goes out to you, ruka. I'm sosorry. I'll say a prayer for the two of you today.

-Carolyn

My deepest sympathys go out to you at this hardtime. I say this toeveryone who suffers a loss, Sputnik's body may begone but his spirit will live on forever in your heart

Becc

I'm very sorry for your loss...

Times like these are tough, he sure was a handsome little guy, and will sadly be missed.

my deepest sympathy,

Lyndsy

Thanks guys. You cheer me up.

I have felt better and I've been viewing his peaceful passing as a goodthing. I still can't believe he's gone. It was weird going to myboyfriend's house today and seeing an empty cage. (Sputty would havelived with me but the girls do not fancy him) I've decided to give myguinea supplies to a friend who has a guinea.

I never liked guineas before but when I saw himat the petshop, I couldn't refuse. I didn't know short-haired smooth-coatedguineas existed! He looked like a little gopher. The lady at the shoptold me she called him Mr. Hankey (from South Park) because well, helooked like a little turd. By the way, Sputnik got his name because hemade these unusual but cutesquealing noises at the pet shop.It reminded me of something space-related. According to some web sites,it meant he was happy or hungry. He was always hungry and youcan tell from that picture ;).

I know he's in a better place where he can indulge all the yogurt drops he desires.

[align=center]
sputeat26bg.jpg
[/align]

Latest posts

Back