bunny kisses

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceri

Reaction score
Welsh girl (South Wales), , United Kingdom
hieveryone, Carolyn i wanted to thank you for your great advice withChubbs. As you knowI was umming and arring whether to haveChubbs castrated, well we did and he was fine, he has calmed down somuch over the lastten days, wound ishealing nice,the little monster is still eating wallpaper but hey can't win it all.Oh and todayhe gave both me and my hubbykisses.

Thanks once again, I'll keep in touch

Regards Ceri. :dude:

Greetings Ceri!

Oh I'm absolutely thrilled with the news! The little one will live alonger, happier life. Not as frustrated, I'm sure. Kisses to you anddaddy?? That's great! He wanted to thank you and tell you that he'sokay and loves you very much. What a sweetie!

Unfortunately, they like the taste of the glue that is used withwallpaper. Your best bet is distraction, distraction, distraction, andeven that won't stop him from the temptation. You may want to invest ina watergun or bottle and give him a little squirt after you've warnedhim to get away and your pleas fall on deaf ears. I won't guaranteeit'll stop him, it might, but hopefully it'll at least make him pause.The little bugger will probably try to be quieter as he approaches thearea. That's what Tucker tries to do. He tries to be quiet and sneaksup to wherever he isn't supposed to be. Con!!

Put down a box that he can chew on and jump in and out of or a paperbag is fun for them, a good hard wood that they can chew on, some cattoys are enjoyed by some rabbits, the end of a roll of toiletpaper--they like to chew on the cardboard and roll it around, a strawmat...things along that nature. I find that the best toys for Tuckerare the ones that I have just around the house and didn't have to buy.Hay in a hayrack will keep them busy, as will an old phonebook thatthey enjoy to chew on because they seem to like to feel of it on theirteeth.

You did absolutely the right thing for Chubbs. He's so lucky to be in your home.

As Pam said, thanks for the good news! It's always wonderful, fun, and refreshing to get good news.

-Carolyn

It makes me so happy to read that when you dosomething you think is going to be soooo dreadful and unforgiving toyour rabbit (but is in the best interest of his/her health) you getright back that love and attention! thank-you for sharing

Cher

Latest posts

Back