another question im just full of them

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on what type of litter you useand how much your bunnies go to the bathroom. I change mybunnies' litterboxes twice a week.

A lot of us here swear by a product called WoodyPet for our rabbit's litter boxes. I have to change the litter boxevery other day, but then again, I have three rabbits sharing a cage.As you can imagine, it gets full quickly.

Ya I really just depends on the bunny...I have adoe that I only have to change it maybe twice a week.....then I havethis buck....omg...i have to change it like every day. But it isnt hardchanging the litter box...*Shovel out* *Clean* *Put in new Litter* donein 5 minutes

~Amy+Nimue~

faster way tochange litter pans , dump ~~~~ sanitiize~~~~ wipe dry ~~~~~ replace

We have 4 buns that are litter trained.

I use just about a half an inch (or less)of Woody Pet tocover the bottom of the pans. I usually change the pans every day. If Iplan on letting it go for a day I just use a little more Woody Pet. 2days is the most I'll let the pans go for.

If you gauge the amount of litter correctly it's a super easy and fastclean up. If enough litter is used the pan doesn't even get wet fromthe pee and a paper towel is all you need.

I sanitize the pans every other day with a 50/50 solution of water and white vinegar. I use a spray bottle for this.

4 pans take about 20 minutes to change. 30 minutes if I'm sanitizing them.

:~) Jim

Right, I forgot to mention the water/vinegarmixture. It's all you'll need to use to sanitize the box safely. Don'tuse other cleaners, as they're much too harsh for the rabbit's health.

JimD wrote:
I use just about a half an inch (or less)of Woody Pet tocover the bottom of the pans. I usually change the pans everyday
This is something I learned to do the hard way. I filled thelitter box about half way up at first with woody pet, not realizing howmuch it expands when wet!! So the higher the litter went, thehigher Cosmo's butt went, and over the litter box went hispee!! My mistake! Now I only cover the bottom withit and that is it!! Boy does that stuff expand! Ichange his box about every other day....I think I could make a trailfrom earth to the moon and back with all his poopies!!

-Vanessa

Just so you know if you do get a bunny don't usecat litter (unless it is wood based like woody pet) in the buns litterpan, the clay stuff I heard can be poisonous to buns. You wouldprobably find it more economical and cheaper for yourself to buy alarge bag ofwood based litter that your cats and the new buncould use.

I am using pine wood shavings at the moment so I'm cleaning soiled stuffeveryday to prevent mess and smell.

Vickie

PS - Good on you for doing all your research before committing yourself.

DaisyNBuster wrote:
Just so you know if you do get a bunny don't use cat litter(unless it is wood based like woody pet) in the buns litter pan, theclay stuff I heard can be poisonous to buns. You would probably find itmore economical and cheaper for yourself to buy a large bagofwood based litter that your cats and the new bun could use.

I am using pine wood shavings at the moment so I'm cleaning soiled stuffeveryday to prevent mess and smell.

Vickie

PS - Good on you for doing all your research before committing yourself.
Woody Pet is fine for the kitty as well!! In fact, I heard that someonewanted to litter train their dog, and planned to use Woody Pet!!

Other products that are similar would be Magnum Horse Bedding or woodburning stove pellets.

I also use kiln dried Aspen shavings. I use them in the drop pan belowthe wire bottom of the cage. I only do this for the buns that arelitter trained. The buns that are not trained get Woody Pet in the droppans.

:~) Jim

I have 3 litter boxes that I use during theday. It is easier to replacethefirstused one with a second new one. The third boxstays in the free run area. At the end of the day,I just scoop out the used part and mix in new litter for all threeboxes.

Rainbows! :)

JimD wrote:
WoodyPet is fine for the kitty as well!! In fact, I heard that someonewanted to litter train their dog, and planned to use Woody Pet!!

Other products that are similar would be Magnum Horse Bedding or woodburning stove pellets.
"Feline Pine" is the same thing, too. It's a lot moreexpensive, but easier to find if you don't live near a feed store orsomewhere w/ a lot of wood stoves. :}

I use the pelleted horse bedding for my weezils, but Meat just getslayers of newspaper covered w/ hay: cheap, absorbent, smellsnice, & is easy to dump completely & replace every day.

Latest posts

Back