Having surgery for collapsed lung

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfinger

Reaction score
I'm on Vicodin right now for pain, so I might not make a lot of sense, but I wanted to tell everyone that I'm probably not gonna be here for the next couple of weeks or so, and I didn't just flake out and decide to leave the forum or something, considering that I just came back only like...last week.

I went into the emergency room for a spontaneously collapsed lung (spontaneous pneumothorax) New Year's Eve -- the 2nd, and after they fixed me up, they told me I had something like an 80% chance of it never happening again, and I was glad, because they had to stab a hole in my chest and put in a tube hooked up to a sucky machine for like...days, and it was so painful that I couldn't even sit up or lift an arm. (My blood pressure is naturally low, so they gave me very little pain medication) So I was looking forward to never having to do that again.

However, just this past week, the tiny hole in my lung that caused the collapse started leaking again instead of healing up, so now they'll have to do surgery and open me up and send little probe thingies up to my lungs to use lasers to seal the hole shut. :( And there will be more chest tubes again. Possibly two this time.

Anyway, enough of my wussy anticipation-of-pain whining. I just wanted to say I'd be gone for a little while, so...
Um...
I'm really scared about this, so if you could do whatever it is that your particular belief is, but for me, I'd really appreciate it. (Prayers, vibes, ritual shamanistic carrot sacrifice, etc)

Oh gosh Diana...i'm sorry to hear that...you are not whining at all...i would be doing much worse than that,i'm the biggest wimp around.

I'm sending you lots of comforting and healing vibes..and i wish you all the best with the surgery....oooo i can feel your pain.

Thanks Cheryl :hug:
Hopefully this'll be the last of it though, and I can come back to RO a healed bun-slave :)
But I should go to bed instead of stressing out about it, ha har... (It's 3am here )
But gah, there's so much time in between now and Wednesday to freak out about things more than I need to :faint:

Thanks you guys :hearts:
I'll at least post one thing on here after I get back :)
So if you see a post here that says something like:
" wljeklh.mttm.t...... eaprftwikwh, :):):) "
just take that to mean that I'm okay :p

Love you guys~
~Diana

(Prayers, vibes, ritual shamanistic carrot sacrifice, etc)
:pinkbouce: Me! Me! I'll do the ritualistic carrot sacrifice! Hazel says she'll help! (insert carrot emoticon here. couldn't find one).

Seriously, I'll be sending lots of healing vibes your way, and Hazel send bunny kisses.
Get well soon!

Aww, Diana, I'm sorry. That sounds miserable. Thank goodness we live someplace where you can get this surgery though. I watched doctors put a chest tube in a girl who had a collapsed lung because of a car crash, I felt so bad for her. I remember the doctor didn't even warn her it was going to hurt and she was already crying because of the accident. Ugh.

Do you have anything to keep you occupied while you're recovering? At least some new movies to watch since you won't be able to move much?

Wow, a lot of people replied :D I feel loved. Thanks so much everyone, I'll definitely do the same for all of you if you ever have similar problems:hug:
And Hazel-mom: Pics or it didn't happen! Lol! :rofl:
Snowy-Shiloh: Actually, one of my friends loaned me three seasons of a TV series that she had, so I have quite a bit of entertainment for when I get home, fortunately :balloons: And that sounds scary, poor girl :scared: At least I'll have anesthesia...

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: times 24u1048-184-0485757924-23-0329-2093.

PLEASE GET WELL SOON! :sickbunny:

Sending good vibes your way! :pink iris:

speedy recovery.. not the same as speedy delivery like in the old show mr.rogers just had to toss a smile out there

Butterfinger wrote:
And Hazel-mom: Pics or it didn't happen! Lol! :rofl:.

Ooops, ummm.... uh.... I think Hazel started without me... she had good intentions, though :biggrin2:

1005484kj5.jpg

I guess I'll have to device some carrot sacrifice now.... :ponder:

It's a puddle of Hazel :inlove: I will do some carrot sacrifice too Diana, don't worry! When is your surgery?

I will be thinking about you and you will be in my prayers. Updated us when you get a chance after surgery. I don't blame you for being scared. I am a wimp with pain so I understand.

Latest posts

Back