Where do you keep your rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loz n Ebony

Reaction score
I had a random thought.

Where do you keep your rabbits and why? I keep mine outdoorscos we're all allergic and it doesnt affect us if we're outside (pluswe have little children running around inside all the time).

I also like keeping them outside because I can just put them straight out into the garden.

Wuv 4rm me!!

I keep Megan downstairs sitting on top of acooler. I dont let her outside all that often. We have too manymosquitos right now.

I have two bedrooms set aside as rabbit rooms withsofas and toys and cages plus the main area were they play. Our bedroomalso houses buns as my husband wants them where we spend most of ourtime. The run free most of the time unless it is bedtime or we areaway. They also come downstairs when they are being bad. I do bringsome of the guys into my office downstairs but they do escape into theliving room and when caught run upstairs or hide

Right now, We have Kibbles in our master bathroomand Theodore in our main bathroom. Our bedroom is bunny-proofso kibbles can run free, but we only do this sometimes now, becausewhen he was free all the time, he would pee on the carpet. Iexpect when he is neutered next week we can start potty training himmore and allow him some more freedom. (Nick hates stepping onrabbit raisins with his bare feet. He thinks it is gross.)Our bathtub in our main bathroom has been converted to acage. We put welded wire fencing over it with adoor. SoonTheodore will be neutered, too and we canmaybe let him be a house bun too. We cannot open our wholehouse to them, because we have our front and back doors open all thetime. But if they get along and keep their poopies in theirboxes, then maybe they can both live in our bedroom soon. :)

I keep my bunny outside in a sheltered area nextto my kitchen. She can look in through the kitchen window. She'soutside because she digs and gets stuff allover the place and is noisyand keeps my mom awake all night :p.

Elf'scageis in the dining room in front of the fireplace we don'tuse. She has the run of the dining room and sometimes the hallway. Idon't like her to be anywhere I can't see her, though, because ofcords.

Minda

Luv is in the dining room in her cage and gets torun around some when i can watch her closely. I think there is the bestcause its kinda a high traficc room so she dont get ignored. I do havetwo cages and i have thought of her having two houses one upstairswhere i can see her online but havent gotten around to doing it.

Cristy

We keep our cage in our dining room/computer room.It is also a high traffic room and in the center of the house. It is sofunny though because so far when they are out they stay to the livingroom and dining room. To get to the rest of the house you must passthrough the kitchen and they won't step foot in there for some reason.I think it is the slick vinyl floor. It is really nice though because Idon't need a gate. I'm sure as they get more comfortable and older theywill venture on though.

My bunnies seem to prefer their cage actually.Even when I open the door for them to come out and play they seem tostay inside. When they do come out they have free run of most of mybasement living room since it was previously unused before we got thebunnies. It's prolly a good 10 feet wide and 25 feet long so they haveplenty of room to run and do binky's! They really seem to love the cagebest though. I found it on the internet and it's Great! Dimensions are:43"Wx28.5"Dx 47"H. (Sorry, not sure how that translates to metricsystem but it's plenty big for both of my big bunnies which issomething I had trouble finding locally.) Attached is a picture of itfor any interested. No.. not trying to advertise but I know everyonewants the best for their buns and this is a good one in my opinion!(Can PM me for the link if you like it).

Oreo stays in the living room/dining room. She likes it there cause we are in there a lot so she's not by herself a lot.:D

~pam

Currently:::

5buns live in my pc room, 3 together and 2together. newest girl stays on our enclosed porch, which islike an extra room off the kitchen. I keep all new guys seperate for atleast 2 weeks.

the rest of my guys have a set up in my basement currently, and theirown sink. living arangements will be changing when we move, and a bigbunny play room should be the next item on the list :)

Latest posts

Back