Question For poeple with a lot of buns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
Do you ever look around and feel over welmed?

I mean sometimes I look at Storm cage boxes and phoenix food ben and feel over welmed. I could not imagen cages all over my houseNIC or store bought.

I fear at the thought of the bonding proccess with two cage witch is one main reason Beside money that I have not jump into a second rabbit there have been a few that I would have taken had I been able to get them here.

I just wonder?

Kat:bunnydance:

I am always overwelmed but I deal. I have two dog crates, two tubs for my hamsters and mouse, a cage for a hamster and all the diffrent foods, and toys, and everything. Cleaning and organizing and such - it is a lot. At one point I have had 6 rabbits inside and it was so hard. I just find it more pain, mentally, than it is worth. I get down and then they do not get enough of me. I am not a very neat person either, I let things get horrible then I get in a cleaning spell and clean for hours.

I can barely move in my room, it is so small so I just make sure I can get from the bed to the door and to all the pens and that be good enough. I try not to stress to much over it.

the thing with me is i am VERY coordinated and plus i am OCD on top of that. With me, if a animal i have is a girl, everything in it WILL be pink, if its a boy, everything in the cage will be blue. And everything has to be in almost new or new shape, nothing crudy and then if i have more than one cage for the same type of animal it will HAVE to have the SAME cage and SAME set up and then everything, cages and all have to be labeled and organized. I am very neat and im just saying, i could handle like 10 rabbits inside but they would all have the same everything and all be lined up PERFECT. Thats just me, thought id just add this to your thread :pinkbouce:

BUT IF i had LOTS of bunnies and there cages and everything was different and not set up the same and no food bins and things were the same, then i would DEFINITELY be overwhelmed and Id LOOSE IT! :pullhair:

LOL! I am sort of the same way, but maybe not quite so much. All three of my bunny condos are built exactly the same way. It irritates me that Benjamin's cage is blue and silver, I would prefer it to all be one color, but since I can no longer get the grids, I'm stuck. I do have the exact same litter box and hay manger in each cage.

I do get a bit overwhelmed, sometimes. I could deal with just ONE litter box, but there are three. It wouldn't be too bad to vacuum out one cage, but there are three. And after I clean out all the cages, then I have to clean up the spots where Amelia pees on the floor. It does help, now, that all three cages are in one room. Also helps to keep the hay and fur messes contained more. (There's still fur in the rest of the house, from play time, but the majority of it stays in the rabbit room.)

In the end, though, it's worth it.

i feel overwhelmed alot too,lol, i guess it comes with the territory of owning all these animals, but through this i have come to the conclusion that when my dogs and cats go i will most likely not have any others (possible one dog but that is it).

I have the four kids, three dogs, three cats, three rabbits, bearded dragon, two guinea pigs, t he hubby and housework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find that a schedule helps (as much as a schedule as i can have with four kids), certain days that i do certain things from everything to the animals to the house cleaning.

Mondays is the day i start the wash, do rabbit boxes,and change the piggies fleece. everyday i vacum, and then i do the rest through out the week, clean out the wash room, sweep, upstairs bathroom, downstairs bathroom, vacum upstairs, then there are the things that i do everday like vacum, dishes, cooking dinner, litter boxes, feed the animals, water the aninmals, clean up dog poo!!!! lol

If i had no set routine for the big stuff i would get overwhelemed very quickly

I don't think I'd say I get 'overwhelmed' per se.. I do get frustrated sometimes when I look at the cages, and I want them all to match and be pretty and fun-looking, but practically it just doesn't work that way, so I get over it.

I mean, I have some buns who can have fun fleecy blankets, and some who will just make a mess of it. Some can have shelves in their cages and some don't like them. Obviously Harvey and Delilah need a huge cage, and others can be smaller.

I would, one day, like to make all the cages in the same style - my plan is mainly out of conti-board with grids on the front. And then they can all look roughtly the same. And I will feel better. ;)

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all the things I have to do, but the only thing about bunnies that I don't enjoy doing is cleaning litterboxes and vacuuming up fur. Everything else is a joy to do and I enjoy it, like making new cages, feeding, etc. What really gets me overwhelmed is my schoolwork/job! Right now I'm avoiding writing a very important paper because I love thinking about bunnies so much more than my work. :(

While I don't think I have a lot of buns (just 3), I do have other pets....

I get overwhelmed...but mainly only because of my 8 rats. Once my current crew passes, I will be taking a looooooong break from rats. Ryan and I want to have a kid...and I can't see man-handling the rat cage/doing all the work involved with pregnant/having a young one.

The rabbits....no problem because they are super easy to take care of, IMO. I want one more rabbit, a Flemish Giant...but I wish for it to bond with Morgan, so they can both be free-range buns in the animal room, lol. I think it is going to be a while now, before I can get a Flemish.

We do want one more cat, a black Persian because I believe he will be a gift from Zaide (RIP). This will happen once we buy a house. Possibly one more dog (Doxie!), but we aren't sure. I want one more cat more than anything.

So, basically, when the rats are all gone.....I will probably feel very sad, but relieved at the same time. They are A LOT of work!!! I think I can really handle 3 cats, maybe 2 dogs, and 4 house rabbits.

I have eight rabbits and I never really feel overwhelmed, I think it's different when they are outside though. If they are inside you have to make sure they are extra clean because you don't want them to look dirty or smell but mine are outside in a shed so if they get a little smelly it's not bothering anyone. Sometimes I do dread the thought of going outside cleaning up after them, Four of my female rabbit free range in the shed and they make a huge mess that I clean weekly. So that has to be all cleaned including four cages. It can take like two hours.

I feel sad that on some week days I only have time to run out and feed them before I go to bed because of school and homework and stuff (my Mam feeds them during the day) but I try to make up for it at the weekends.

Overwhelmed? That's is allowed?? It can be nuts. Currently I have here.... 12 rabbits, 3 gps, 2 reptiles and the dog. Mind you not all the bunnies belong to us but it is still a lot of animals.

Out of the 12 bunnies, 3 our special needs, 1 has no teeth so some special care comes into play with food, 3 our extremely aggressive to other buns (mind you one is part of a bonded pair.) and I could go on.

Now the gps 2 never a care in the world. 1 that boy has me on pins and needles. I LOVE him though that is my baby.

The dog is a joy more so if she has just a LITTLE less energy.

The reptiles our just a joy and so much FUN!

I don't get overwhelmed but I do get a little tired. A little frustrated but both me and Rob ask ourselves. Who do we give up? Who should we have said no too? The answer is always no one. We love them all and could not imagine our lives without them.

Oh and thought I'd add I have 8 rabbits, 2 dogs, 2 guinea pigs, 5 ducks, 5 chickens, 3 cats. Seems like alot when it's all typed out but doesn't feel like it.

JadeIcing wrote:
Mrs. PBJ wrote:
Thanks

Everyone I will explain more when the times comes:hug:

There is a method to my question
Just know you are not alone. :hug:
Thank you its really some thing for someone else. But i need help from you guys. I am not overwelmed for once in my life with pets:biggrin2:

well i have 5 buns, which, isn't too many but I guess I never feel overwhelmed, I look forward to going out and feeding them and spending time with them, I even like all the cleaning lol!

kirsterz09 wrote:
well i have 5 buns, which, isn't too many but I guess I never feel overwhelmed, I look forward to going out and feeding them and spending time with them, I even like all the cleaning lol!
:yeahthat:

I get overwhelmed with my personal cleaning, 2 kids, daycare and a hubby...YUCK!!! going and doing rabbit stuff is a break from the everyday crud

I have 16 indoor buns, they have their own room. Every other day all cages get cleaned, every morning before I go to work they get fed and watered. I have my watch alarm set to remind me to feed and water them at 8pm every night.

I just developed a routine and I have 16 buns to remind me to stay on schedule or I think they start plotting.;)

Hey Kat!

The only person who ever seemed truly overwhelmed was our housesitter. If you remember I went away for spine surgery for 3 weeks. Well our friend/sitter thought it was going to be SO MUCH FUN....Wheee a house full of bunnies! The most she had ever had was 2 and when they passed from old age the thought of getting to live at our house with 9 was a dream come true! HA HA HA! :biggrin2:

I got an email a week later while in the hospital...she was freaking out and wanted to know if we were really coming home on the day we said we would! LMAO!:biggrin2:

She was swamped...she couldn't believe the work involved in keeping them clean and fed! HA! And I did it for 4 years with a seperated spine lady! :D

She was so upset at the cleaning and vacuuming...but I think when you add them a few at a time it is different than walking into a zoo! It is just one more litterbox and one more mouth to feed! lol That was why we made our special litterboxes (I hope you got yours today!) andscoop them everyother day...it seems like more work...but it also means less full litter tear downs...and less time all in all! Besides you end up with a schedule and it becomes a day to day thing...and the bunnsreward you ten fold for the extra time!

Oh and the housesitter????? Our feisty angry little lionhead that the housesitter hated...gave her a bruise across the top of her nose and two black-eyes before we got home! :biggrin2: Are we havinFUN yet???!!! LMAO!

Danielle

Latest posts

Back