Not sure if my rabbit is pregnant????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myangel07

Reaction score
Hi, I have a netherland dwarf that recentlyturned two. I bred her with a friends netherland dwarf exactly 31 daysago and I am not sure if she is pregnant or not. I read that theyusually give birth at 31 days but she hasn't yet. She is a 1/2 poundheavier, very grumpy and her vent area is pale and small which i hearis a sign of being pregnant. I have felt her stomach and I think i feelsomething but i'm not experienced in palpating a rabbit so i can't besure what is a rabbit and what is an organ. She hasn't even built anest yet, but i'm wondering if this is all because she is a first timemom and doesn't know what to do, or because she isn't pregnant. Isthere any other ways i could tell if she is, this is urgent so pleaseif anyone could help me that would be great. Thanks so much!

Sometimes first time moms will not build a nest.Some rabbits also don't make nests until right before they give birth.So she could still be pregnant.

If she is pregnant, at this point in time there is no mistaking ifthere are kits in there or not, as they would be fully formed.

~Nichole

Welcome myangel07,

In the Cheat Sheet listed above, there's a website that tells you whatto feel for. Check out the link. It should feel like there's marbles inthere.

I'm going to bring back a post called, "The Bunny - From Conception toWeaning". It will give you a lot of information as to where to go andwhat to look for from here.

-Carolyn

Okay, thank you for the info, i'm pretty surethere are only 2 babies, at least that's all i can feel. But they arehigher up on her body then i thought they would be, they are close upby where her ribs end, instead of on her way lower abdomen, is thisnormal? Also recently she keeps doing this thing where she rolls ontoher side or back, usually up against me, does this have something to dowith being pregnant or is she just being "extra affectionate" :D
>Amanda

I'm so hoping that she has them tonight *crosses fingers*
wish me luck and thanks for the advice.

myangel07 wrote:
Okay, thank you for the info, i'm pretty sure there are only2 babies, at least that's all i can feel. But they are higher up on herbody then i thought they would be, they are close up by where her ribsend, instead of on her way lower abdomen, is this normal? Also recentlyshe keeps doing this thing where she rolls onto her side or back,usually up against me, does this have something to do with beingpregnant or is she just being "extra affectionate" :D
>Amanda

Pregnant does sometimes don't like to stand for long...kind of like pregnant women...hehe

I had one that wouldn't stand up for more than 30 seconds for a week before delivery.:p

Rose

yeah, I've noticed she has been laying aroundalot lately. I been getting so nervous tonight, I'v been reading abunch of other topics about pregnant rabbits and reading all the"horror" stories of what happens to the babies (dying, being eaten,deformaties, being too big, too small) its all got me so worried.

I know what you mean! I have a doe Ihope is expecting this weekend and some of these sad posts scare metoo! Let us know if you find babies....my fingers are crossedfor you!

Yes, please let us know how things go.

I have two first time does due next weekend, and it is supposed to benasty that weekend on top of everything else. I have a feeling I willbe camping outside that night. Just reading about everything that cango wrong with first time mom's really freaks me out. :?

I hope everything works out well and you have some beautiful babies in the morning! :)

~Nichole

Latest posts

Back