Someone help....please....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't take much to set them off does it?

Mine all freaked when we had the recent bout with houseflies. I didn'tknow about fly strike at the time, but evidently thebunniesdid! :shock:

Between the flies, and us running around swatting at them, the buns were pretty traumatized

:~) Jim

Is it possible that he had a seizure? My dogPrincess has seizures very, very often (about every other day). Whenshe has one, she thumps around wildly, and shakes uncontrollably. Sheseems to not be able to see while she is having a fit, and it takes herquite awhile after coming out of one before she recognizes us.

I forgot to add that when a human or an animalhas seizures, they seem to be detached from the world around them. Theyusually dont respond to their name, although I know that talking tothem in a comforting tone seems to help them come out of it a littleeasier.

I know that something probably just started your bun, but when I readyour description it very much reminded me of Princess. Princess didntstart having seizures until she was an adult.... she never had themwhen younger. We dont know what set them off, or why she just startedhaving seizures out of the blue. It can be very upsetting.

I thought of that....but he gave justasingle warning thump with a back foot and justran flat out.His sides were heaving from breathing hard, but he wasn't twitching. Helooked like a wild rabbit "on alert", running from predators.

I'll keep an eye on him though....he's doing fine today! Thanks!

Rose

I think he saw something you didn't. Any hawks flyng over?

Ed

I never thought of that sort of thing.I'm glad you posted about this (eventhough I am sad that Bubbers had tobe so scared!)

I think it will remind me to watch Bo very closely if I take him outside to play this spring!

Tell that hawk that he's not having Bub for lunch. :X

It happened again today. Definitely the crows.It's his first spring so he overreacts while the others are somewhatcalmer (having been throughthe annual "conventions" before).

This time I immediately crouched down, stretched out my hands, andcalled sharply "Bub, to me!" He seemed to snap out of it and cameimmediately, once again being quite sexually aggressive. I think he'soverexcited and his reactions get really exaggerated.

Much better response this time, but I'm still being careful about letting him run in case he hurts himself.

Rose

I am sorry to here that Bub got frightened. Ourrabbit Judah is afraid of the owls in the trees and responds about thesame way as Bub. You did the right thing by picking him up and lovingon him. Sometimes if you wrap them up in a towel when they are afraid,it calms them down.

Yeah, I bury him in my coat, and he calms down. I think as he gets older he'll get more used to hearing the crows.

Crows will pick new born rabbits out of the nestand fly away with them and have a meal. I have seen how theanimals react with a hawk around. I never even saw it but thebirds and squirrels got still and the squirrels hid on the back of thetree. Then a hawk swooped down after one of thebirds. I never saw it until it was right on them.

Ed

Latest posts

Back