Insomniac

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mndpnd2298

Reaction score
One of my rabbits like to wait till about 4 amand then she runs back in forth in her cage like a maniac and throughsherself into the walls making a lot of noise. I am at collegeso her cage is in my room and that is the only option but she wakes meup every night. I feed her before I got to bed so sheshouldnt be hungry but sometimes the only way I can get her to stop isto go out and pet her for a while or give her some food. Doesanyone know why she does this or something I can do to make herstop. She gets exercise during the day so I am not sure whyshe has these sudden energy charges so late at night.

My little Samson does the same thing... he'llpretty much loaf around all day, but as soon as 3am hits, BAM! Hestarts running laps in his cage and throwing his dish and binkying tillhe hits his head off the top of the cage then he goes back to sleeplol, he's so weird and annoying!! :p I had to move him out of mybedroom because he was keeping me awake everynight.

He too gets fed and stuff so, I dont know what's going on.

I look forward to reading what others have to say about this.

Michelle.

Hi, my take on this is because it's just before sun up, and bunnies arevery active just before sunrise and sunset, nothing abnormal, they justwant to play :):)

Quiet often I hear bindy at 5am playing and scratching and having a merry old time moving stuff round in her hutch LOL

Welcome to bunny play time LOL

Yes, this isverynormal....bunnies are what we call "crepuscular"animals, meaning they are most active at sunrise and sunset....

my bun Cosmo is usually most active from 6-10 in themorning..(ugh)...and 8-10 at night...of course the times vary dependingon the rabbit....and some rabbits have even adjusted to their ownersschedules....so don't worry...maybe your bun will adjust to yourschedule at some point!

Hope this helps

-Vanessa

Looks like it :p Welcome to the world of the lagomorph!

Luckily for me I can move my buns into different rooms if I need to.

I'm usually cranky when I'm woken up at 3am so Isimply say "Shut up Samson, beforeI eat for dinner!!" heusually stops lol

lanna21974 wrote:
mndpnd2298 wrote:
So I amdoomed to not sleeping a whole night??? :shock:
LOL....Well, I'm going to add that by getting up and giving him what hewants you may be enabling the behavior. If he makes noise and you comerunning then he'll quickly learn that doing "insert whatever he does tomake noise here* he can get his mommy to come pet him. Rabbits are sosmart. LOL

Lanna
I usually dont get up and do anything about it until my roomate getspissed then obviously I have to. Here is the best part...since it is an old building we have these old pipes and usually by thetime she stops making noise the pipes start making noises like someoneis beating them with a hammer... Oh I love college.

Latest posts

Back