Daisy has done it again!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
Well I went in to Daisy at 10 o' clock thismorning and still no babies - I gave her some new hay,food,water and a cuddle and went out for my ante-natal appointment. Afterpicking Alyssa up from nursery we came home and Ryan went to check onher. There was a mound of more fluff and hay and he said here we go -We gently lifted the top of the nest and yes she had made us proudagain - a nest full of tiny pink wigglers:D! I've notcountedproperly how many there are but I can definitely see 5 - I think i willleave her for a while now for her to bond andI will have alook properly in a couple of hours - just before dark- Ireally don't want to handle them today or mess the nest - I'll just letMummy get on with it!

By the way does anyone know the average size of a litter?- it seems mine are rather small compared to 11 :D!

Vickie

I KNEW it would happen today! Didyou see I just posted to you? Average size of alitteris 4-6 kits.

Howexciting!!

You're Next!!

-Carolyn

Wow! Congrats! You certainlyhave your hands full! The average size for larger breeds isabout 7-10 kits. Small/Dwarf breeds average 4 per litter.

Pam

Wuups, I thought the average size was 4-6. Thanks for the clarification, Pamnock!

-Carolyn

Thank you:D! I've just been to them again andthere is definately 5 in there! She is a Polish Dwarf so that soundsabout right! She's really after coming out - as I opened her hutch shecame darting towards me - I had a quick cuddle (mainly to check herover down there and make sure she's ok) and I did a really naughtything - I got some yogurtdrops a bit ago, but have nevergiven them to her as I thought they probably contained too much sugar.I read the ingredients and sugar was last on the list so I said to her'Go on you deserve it'. Needless to say she loved it. I had to tell herit was a one off :)

While on the subject of sugar in things like treats and food - Doesanyone know if you can get a type of toothbrush/toothpaste for rabbits?I haven't bothered before but now they are nearly 1 it's something I'dlike tokeep on top of, their teeth- I know you canget natural things like wood blocksfor hamsters as i did whenI had them - Do they also sell these for bunnies? and do they work?

Vickie

Hi Vickie,

You're excitement is coming through the screen and it's hard not to match it after reading your posts.

Never heard of a toothbrush for rabbits. I use applewood forthe care of their teeth. I don'tbuy it. Ijust give to to Tucker bark and all. He loves peeling off thebark. Any fruit wood is suggested because it's usuallyavery hard wood. They chew on it and it keeps theirteeth filed down, as you know. The applewood I use definitelyworks. Will be curious if someone has an answer for you onthis one.

Don't feel guilty about giving her Yogurt Drops! She's morethan entitled and you only have to be careful not to give them out toomuch, which I'm sure you're very conscientious about, so don't worryabout it at all! If she can't have a Yogurt Drop after thismorning, I don't know when it'd be appropriate!!

-Carolyn

Maybe you could teach your husband how to sign in here so that we know what you have and when you have your little one, Vickie!

-Carolyn

LOL BUNNYMOMMY :D!

The support and everything that I have received on here has been great!I really feel like you guys are my friends (even though we are on theother side of the world!) Ryan is always ribbing me about how much i'mon here (he doesn't get a look in on the computer now:))but Ijust can't keep away!

It is a great idea that carolyn - I was actually saying to him lastnight that he needs to put a post on here and let everyone know how thebaby is when he/she comes! He was laughing saying that I'll be on herewhen I go into labour! He's probably right :D

My Mum has just popped round after she heard the good news to have alook at the little ones - She took a picture - I'm just waiting for herto email it to me. It's not perfect but its hard to get a good photowhen they are so young!:cool:

Vickie

vickiejcampbell wrote:
It is a great idea that carolyn - I was actually saying to him lastnight that he needs to put a post on here and let everyone know how thebaby is when he/she comes!

I'm sure the baby will be fine. I'm more concerned aboutknowing how Mom is that day! Will be thinking and praying foryou. Know that when you're in the hospital, we'll all bethinking about you and missing you, Vickie.

I definitely consider you a friend. These letters we writeexpress what's in our hearts. It's hard not to feel close tothese folks.

Thanks for the picture of the babies. It'sa cool shot.

-Carolyn

Hey vickie! Aww the bunnies are so pink andtiny!Ive told Kiara, Vitani and Buster! Heehee!Mylittle girls look so big now! I cant ever imagine your Buster beingthat tiny!

I'll keep everyone upto date for you when your in hospital! Ryan will be busy with you, Alyssa and the baby! :D

Just a little post - my newborns are still allthriving and getting bigger by the minute. They are starting togeta little bit of white over them now and no doubt will befurry in no time :D.

I have one question though - I never noticed the other babies squeaked- but these are never quiet! This isn't a bad thing is it or are theyjust squeaking for their mum? I wouldn't just like to ignore it ifthere is a possibility of a problem.

Vickie

Latest posts

Back