Fluffball being spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We know you'll do your best :)

It's actually really hard being young and knowing something should be done a certain way and your grown ups thinking it should be done a different way. I know you will do your best for Fluffball and that's all anyone can do, their best.

Thanks- the snuggle safe isn't here yet :(
Just about to bring her in the house - I put newspaper in her cage instead of straw I was worried trhe straw might irritate the wound and newspaper will be easier for me to see if she has been to the toilet. I haveut a water bowl in for her to get used to (the bottle is still there too) and gave her some banana. I am going to give the vets banana to tempt her with after the surgery and she will have some waiting for her when she gets home.

Sorry it's not arrived yet. Hopefully it will get there tomorrow morning then.

If you have any spare fleece, that can be comfortable for her to lay on and it doesn't shed so shouldn't irritate the wound. Good thinking on the straw though. You might find that she might like straw if she is used to it (I had some that would only lie on hay), so it might be a case of seeing how she is when she comes back.

Sounds like you're doing great :)

We just got a call from the vets we can collect her at 5:20pm - its 3pm now, we have cleaned out her cage and put lots of hay in. We forgot to get any vegetables - we only have a banana :(
Trace the snugglesafe hasn't arrived yet :(

Glad to hear she came through :)

Sorry it hasn't arrived. I guess just use a hot water bottle like before and make sure the cage is flat and steady.

Don't forget pain meds :D

Yeh, she will probably be groggy tonight and maybe even tomorrow too. That's when the heat is especially important.

Will get the hot water bottle ready for her then... luckily Fluffball isn't a chewer so I might be able to put it in while we're awake. But will put it under the cage when we're not here to superivse.

Well shes home - and currently bunny flopped in her litter tray.
They didn't give us pain meds - I asked - we did - I'm sorry it isn't my fault they said they had given her pain meds and antibiotics. I'm sorry - I did try though - I don't want you to hate me :(

Checked her wound - looks good at the moment, the vets said that if it looks any different (gets swollen, red etc) to bring her back. We are going back for a check up on Monday. Will keep you posted!

It's not your fault Becca. I'm sorry your vet is not rabbit savvy. I'm also a bit confused about the anti bios, but that's irrelevant right now. Right now it's just a case of getting Fluffball through the next few days. :)

You should of seen the evils I gave the vet when she said you don't need pain meds!!!
She has a hot water bottle wrapped in a blanket in with her. Banana, hay, water in a bottle and a bowl and pellets.

Sounds good.

Check her semi regularly but really tonight she needs sleep.

I've only had one bun be relatively active the night of a spay, most are more with it the next day, although Fluffball might take longer because of not having pain meds.

That's good :) She will still need to sleep off the GA (general anaesthetic though) but it's good she seems bright.

Aw glad she got through the surgery!- Crap how the vet wouldn't give you pain meds though :( She might not be as alert as she is now when the pain meds wear off. Hope she gets healed up nice and quick!

Latest posts

Back