Faye Day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_peter_kraz

Reaction score
I just wanted to say that I brought Faye in thismorning at 8:00am. She is getting spayed for ValentinesDay. I got up this morning at 5:45 and Faye had breakfast asI lied idlely by thinking of the upcoming appointment. Wethen cuddled for two hours as we watched the Simpson's onDVD. It was then time for Faye to go. I held herright up to the very last moment I could before we left. whenwe arrived at the vets it was very sad as faye braced herself toprolong leaving the carrier. I asked the vet if he was theoperator( he said yes) I then said " shes very important to me, takegood care of my baby"( at the same time looking him square in the eyewith a firm hand shake). I"ve been cleaning all day, so mybabe has a very clean room to recover in( I steam cleaned the floors 3times over, aaahhhh!!). Its now 2:00 and I get to call at2:30. If everyone could say a prayer for Faye I would trulyappreciate it. So it was hard to let go but I didit. I sent her with a stuffed bunny and the blanket off mybed. So everything is going to be sparkling when she getshome ( new litter and all)

Peter

P.s. thanks for the support and I'll update everyone throughout the day..I'm nervous

Just a suggestion, you might want to use shreddednewspaper instead of litter the first couple of days home,Peter. It's often been suggested not to use litter becauseyou have to be careful of a piece getting stuck and then into thewound.

Will keep praying. Please stop in to let us know when you're sure she's done with the operation.
Spaying on Valentine's Day. :shock: And you callthatLove???

-Carolyn

hahahah, well I use corn cob, so you think justnewspaper or what type of paper? Should I give her the samefood as I usually do? Nice to hear from you :D, Yea when Igot home the only way I could take up time is just to clean cleanclean. So its clean (her room).

Peter

Just regular newspaper is fine, and her same food and any of her favorite treats would be especially appreciated.

Make sure she drinks. Even if she doesn't eat, she has todrink, so you might wish to pick up a needless syringe or aneyedropper. If she hasn't eaten anything in 24 hours, youdefinitely want to get her back to the vet.

If you have any NutriCal, give her an inch a day for about a week or atleast until she's eating and drinking normally. I'd give herthe NutriCal (dietary supplement purchased at a pet supply place) tostimulate her appetite, boost her immune system, get the nutrients inher she needs, and keep her system going. It costs about $12and it's well worth it. You should have some on hand anywayjust in case of an emergency.

-Carolyn

Feed her whatever she wants right now. It's forthe best, as we all know, but I personally feel that they deserve alittle treat after a vet visit, especially one as invasive as this!

Let us know how it went and how she is when you bring her home.

I've been waiting to hear how Faye's operationwent, I forgot how far ahead we are here time wise. I'm praying for herand hope she's fine and recovers fast when you pick her up.

Bet you'll be glad to have her home :D.

Kate

Oh so I just called, they said shes doinggreat. I'm going to pick her up at 3:40 so I can talk to thedoctor who operated on her( if I went any earlier I would be talking toanother vet). I asked the vet tech to give her a hung for meand I would be there soon.

good job Faye!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Great news Peter. :) I'll bet you can't waitto go get her, I remember the waiting game when all three of my rabbitswere in getting their various operations. I hate waiting!

Poor Abby's belly fur took so long to grow back, and it didn't grow inevenly at first. She's a black rabbit, but her skin is splotchycolored. The black skin grew in before the pink skin, so she had someweird fur going on there for a while. Now that I think about it, herbelly fur now has a reddish tinge to it.

Strongly suggest you take a look at the woundwhen you get her home tonight, Peter, so that you'll be able to tell astime goes on if it's healing properly or not.

It won't be pretty, as you know, but each day, it should look a bitbetter. Watch for swelling and redness in the next couple ofdays.

-Carolyn

Yea!!! Happiness!!! So gladshe did well. What a good girl and what a great gift you gaveher today.

Keep an eye to make sure she doesn't chew her stitches. Keepher hydrated (my vet won't let them leave until they drink, so maybeyours is the same).

Good Luck!! Keep us posted on her recovery!

Jen

dr_peter_kraz wrote:
Oh so I just called, they said shes doing great.I'm going to pick her up at 3:40 so I can talk to the doctor whooperated on her( if I went any earlier I would be talking to anothervet). I asked the vet tech to give her a hung for me and Iwould be there soon.
I am so happy!!! I was waiting for this news all afternoon!

Give that sweet baby girl a nice raisin or craisin or something yummy and a big kiss on her nose from me :)

She will love the place being so nice and clean for herrecouperation. It'll give her something to do after she feelsbetter (shred some paper lol)

Latest posts

Back