Rabbit Seminar

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunty

Reaction score
I have gotten a lot of favorable responses so nowthe next step is to find a location for one. I do what a place wherebuns can go if the owners want to. There are place here that will takepets in hotels plus there is stuff to do year round. We also need aplace that is cheap to fly into and VA Beach has Norfolk that hasAirtran and also Southwest. I think early spring will be best time dueto flying restrictions and it will be nice to have something after allthe holiday seasons are over and just to start off the spring.

Speakers ideas

I have a lady who started a rabbit rescue and has many great ideas butwe need all types of speakers. Also my vet raises and showFrench Lops and would be great

We also will need a parking space for the BAtmobile for Batman and Batbunny haha

If it works out great we could go to different areas each year

As long as the hotel is near the airport, works for me! Don't want to have to rent a car if I can avoid it.

How exciting!!

-Carolyn

Va Beach is drivable for us, which is what wewould probably do. Any projected cost estimate,though, seeingas how you are familiar with the business, with the understanding thatit is only an estimate and many things could change economicallybetween now and then?

Buck

I have sent in some info to hotels in VA Beach andPHiladelphia area. I was born and raised there and asked what they cando for us price wise. I just know air would be cheaper inNorfolk to VAbeach. After I get the feelers in we will proceed from thereIt must be a bunny friendly hotel Also I am a firm believerin CHEAP but nice

The last time I tried to go "Cheap" in the US Iended up in a TravelLodge infested with Lady Bugs! lol I never wanna dothat again....:) And even that was $120 a night!

Looking forward to it. I trust your judgement, Bunty. ;)

Keep us posted as you proceed and let me know if I can help at all.

-Carolyn

Oh My, Bunty! If I should decide to bring Tucker, he's going to have tostart training Now! He's hardly the type to jump through hoops for me,it's more likely that I'd be the one jumping through hoops for him!

Megan wouldn't make a bad ref!

-Carolyn

I propose another "event" lol. It's called "Howwell have you trained your human?" Mocha will excell at this one, hehas me trained to say my own commands and follow them! lol, but ya, Iwon't make it, this Canadian is too far away.

*laughs* at M&SMom.

:dude:

Sorry you can't make it, but I understand, of course.

If Bunty cuts in 1/2 the total of everyone who says they'll make it, in the end, then she'll have a true number.

I hope it works out, but will just have to wait and see if the people will show up for it.

-Carolyn

I'm sure exactly what IT is...lol. But I can probably go away.....make it a nice...warm destination please! lol

Bunty,

If Philadelphia is a consideration, be aware that it sponsorsGoPhilly Sleepover weekendsfrom November to March, inwhich participating hotels(and there are manyin different price rangesand locations)permit you to book one night, and stay free the nextnight, free parking is usually included. One can book for aFriday night and leave Sunday checkout, or book Saturday night andleave Monday checkout.

My wife and I usually book several weekends over the course of thewinter and use or cancel them as we see fit, or the budgetpermits. Theater district accommodations in Center City atthe Doubletree Hotel(fairly upscale)cost us $200.00 for the two nightsof Friday and Saturday. Checkout was about 11:00 A.M. onSunday, but we could leave our car parked there the rest ofthe day, if we so desired. Parking could be accessed all dayand night long on Friday and Saturday, meaning we could exit and returnas we saw fit without incurring any costs. Parking in Phillycan run as high as $20.00 - $40.00 depending upon location.

The first year we took advantage of this promotion, we booked ratherlate, and most hotel reservations were gone, so we ended up at aComfort Inn relatively near to Penn's Landing for $89.00 forthe two nights, with free parking, but you had to take a cabor shuttle for most Center City Philadelphia attractions.

One could spend even less for lodging as one moved more to theoutskirts, or even a great deal more than we spend at the Double Tree,but we found the Double Tree to be sufficiently upscale to warrant theincreased cost and make us feel special. Not that one wouldnecessarily want to, but the staff we got friendly with indicated thatmany "groups" rent a room for Philadelphia professional sportingevents, and management does not make an issue about that practice.

Booking has to be done on-line, the earlier one does it, themore choices are available. One can cancel any reservation upto a few hours before check-in. Philly restaurants arenotoriously plentiful and excellent, with places to cater to everypalate and pocket book.

Philadelphia sponsors a sleepover program during the summer, but it ismuch more expensive, because that is its regular tourist season.

Buck

Latest posts

Back