Purrrrrrrrr

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QTbunnies

Reaction score
This seems like a silly question but do rabbits purr?

While i was holding my kiara at vickies house 2day i wasstrokingher headsoftly. she closed her eyes andseemed so contented. A few seconds later she made the cutest littlenoise just like a purr!

Has anyone else had a purring bunny? She may have just been snoring! Whatever she did it was so cute! Awww my baby!!

Yes, yes! :D

Sherman purrs when I'm brushing him, when I'm stroking his forehead, and sometimes when he's lying down.

Siobhan - Looks like you were right! We have beenhaving a disagreement about this - I didnt think they did :D. Mind youthe babies are very contented aren't they -I can't believehow friendly they are to say they are just little uns - just shows acuddle everydayworks wonders:)

Haven't heard a purr yet, but ours will oftenchatter their teeth rapidly when they are feeling pleasurablesensations...we call it "chucking," our own informal word for it.

Have also heard, grunts, snorts, almost like oinks,hisses, whimpers,and scream, once in the past, from a mortally wounded rabbit.Never, ever want to hear that one again!

Have read of barks, as well. Frankly, nothing would surprise me much, coming from a rabbit.;) LOL

Buck

batman purrs on very rareinstances...usually when hes happy he does the "chucking," as buckcalls it. sometimes when he yawns or stretches, he does this littlescreech-so cute. :p

A little more info on the subject.

Taken from:
http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com/behaviourfaq.htm

Purring rabbit?
Rabbits can make a purring noise by grinding their teeth. A quiettooth purr means you have a happy rabbit. A louder crunchy type ofteeth grinding can indicate that your rabbit is in pain. To determinewhat your rabbit is telling you, look at the rabbits eyes (are theywide open, or closed as if relaxed) and the rabbits body language(hunched and uncomfortable looking, or relaxed and calm). Small thingslike this let you know when a rabbit is not feeling well.

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for all your replies.She seemed really contented and she did go to sleep so Im sure it was a happy noise!!

Heres kiara with vitani!!

Siobhan xXx

Rhinebuck.jpg

Aww!! How cute! :D My bunny makes theteeth chattering noises when I pet her, and most times if I keep doingit she'll fall asleep until she realizes that I stopped, then she'llopen her eyes & look at me like "did I tell you that you couldstop?!" lol;)

~pam

Aw how cute....can I ask you something, are theirnames from The Lion King 2?? I know Kiara is....can't remeber if Covu'ssister was Vitani or Kitani....lol....sorry I'm a Disney Freak!

Yeah they are from the Lion King 2 :D!I'm a Disney freak too :). It was my neice whowanted to name them that - Everytime she comes round we have to watchit!

aww that's so cute! I actually want to name my daughter Kiara-Lynn or maybe Kiana...not sure which one...lol.

haha I think that's a little too long! :) I like the name Dayton for a lil boy! hah I'm weird I know...

Latest posts

Back