Snow - Whole country is virtually at a standstill!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
Who has lots of snow!?

Majority of airports closed or flights cancelled.
Now buses
No trains at all
Hundreds of broken bones from falling over

I saw a crash this morning... Our school still won't release everyone but I convinced my ICT teacher to sign me out to take photos for my project (although I've already taken them) so snow day for me!!!

We got in this morning but there were no teachers at all ... they still won't send everyone home!

Apparently it is the heaviest snowfall for 18 years - which means my birthday! When I was born it snowed so much no one could come to visit us, and now 18 years later the same is happening again! Freaky!

Last night
DSC00125.jpg

DSC00124.jpg

That's AWESOME!
and 18 years ago it was weird. I remember when I brought my son home on May 4th at night it was snowing which is not normal for May really!

Our country is so crap at coping with snow, lol.

I love how you only get that much snow and it puts your country at a standstill:p

Hopefully the weather starts to cooperate for you guys.

Ya I guess if all of you in Canada didn't learn to adapt to the snow you'd be screwed! Snow rarely falls in the UK or Ireland so we really aren't used to it.

OMG that's it? That's all the snow you have? :headsmack:craziness

Sorry, it's so easy to laugh at people that aren't used to snow. I wish that was all we had.

Its because we never get snow. I don't know what the weather is like where you are, but imagine that all of a sudden it got so unbelievably hot, so hot you had never experienced it before, and all you had in your wardrobe was a wooly jumper and some fur boots. Thats what its like for us!

Plus we only get decent snow once every few years, so its a major event!

Oh I know its just funny to us. I don't deal with extreme heat.

I went down to VA and they don't get snow where I was at. 1inch and they shut down the highway.

You know how I complain that we never have snow in Bristol?

Well......

WE HAVE SNOW IN BRISTOL!!!!

SETTLED!!!

PROPER SNOW!!!!

:pinkelepht::pinkelepht::pinkelepht::pinkelepht:

Me and mum were at the Bath Therme Spa, swimming in the heated rooftop pool while snow was falling on our heads. That was a fun experience! Although we didn't want to get out and have to walk around in -1*C in just our swimming costumes lol :shock::shock::shock:

I have some snowy pics uploading right now.... It is funny really- it's about 1.5 inches at the most but we never ever have snow here so it's quite an event! The roads are all clear though, buses etc still running here, which is strange...

I have just been down the field having a massive snow ball fight and 'see who can build the biggest snowball contest' and sledging obviously!!! It was so fun!!! Now I have heat ache though :(

I LOVE SNOW - I hope it freezes then snows again so we don't have to go to school today so we can have a proper snowday!!

mouse_chalk wrote:
Me and mum were at the Bath Therme Spa, swimming in the heated rooftop pool while snow was falling on our heads. That was a fun experience! Although we didn't want to get out and have to walk around in -1*C in just our swimming costumes lol :shock::shock::shock:
When I lived in Colorado, one of our favorite winter activities was sitting in the hot tub while it was snowing. We wore baseball caps to keep the snow out of our faces. You body usually gets heated up enough so that you really don't get cold dashing into the house.

Just watched the news, looks like all schools here are going to be closed again - they say the snow will start to go but its the ice that is worse. You should have seen the cars today, they were all rolling backwards down the hill. My Mum can't get to work because she can't drive down our hill (as you can see how steep it is).

naturestee wrote:
OMG that's it? That's all the snow you have? :headsmack:craziness

Sorry, it's so easy to laugh at people that aren't used to snow. I wish that was all we had.
I agree! That's all? We call that a dusting.

Latest posts

Back