I was 'walked'

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Okay, I did it-whilst browsing for nail clippers Isuccumbed to the irresistibly cutesy bunny "harness" complete withpictures of little smiling bears on it.....it is quite well made andhas a flexible soft plastic middle on the top that sits on their back.I walked Jezebel last night in the apartment and for all her "oh nolady, I think you have it the wrong way around- I am walking YOU"attitude, the weird little girl ENJOYED it-I even let her look outsidethe front door GASP

THERE IS LIFE Outside this apartment? :shock:

Jade on the other hand only seemed to tolerate it, I only bought onesince I did not want to waste any money on two if they would havenothing to do with it-and wanted to give it some time to let them "feelit out" by allowing them to take turns with it. If you have been walkedby your bunny, how long did it take for them to find it an enjoyableexperience?

Cher

Oh, wow, HB104!!! Good go!I've been looking for a bunny harness here, but I haven't been able tofind one. I finally settled for a cat harness which I haveyet to try on Sherman.

I know it's going to be a battle to get him used to it, so I've been putting it off until I get my second wind.

Sounds like your girls are going to get a lot of enjoyment out oftheirs. I can't wait to hear of the adventures you'll havewhen you start walking them outdoors. That harness soundsreally cute too with the little bears on it! :)

The first rabbit my son had we used a harness on.Each morning we put the harness on and bunnie got exercise and then wasfastened to a old milk can that had the lid off and straw inside. Thatis where the bunnie stayed most of the day . We used a coated clothsline rope so she had a long way around to hop. The only thing was to besure to watch they don't reach around and begin to chew the harness. wejust used a cat harness and it worked great.

My bunny Fergi has been on a harness since she waslittle. She loves it. Once she learned that when the harness went onshe got to go out she was just fine with me putting it on. It does takesome time for them to get used to you putting it on. Fergi loved towalk me around the yard and now she is attached to a long tie outclipped to our clothesline when we are outside. She loves the "freedom".

My guys all love their harnesses after they are onand they are hopping. I can't take them for a hop around our housebecause it is a POA and they are always spraying the grass for somebugs etc and I will not chance that. They love to hop around Petsmartthough and love hopping around outside at the 4H club leaders house.

Hewo HB104. I never tire of hearing bout yourbunnies! Their so cute!! My Last rabbit took me for a walk! He sprintedround the garden (he was a small light bunny but he still managed topull me along(!)) untill I eventuallly had to let go cos i couldnt keepup!!!

So he never really liked it!!

Wuv 4rm

Loz n Ebony n Fidget

xooxxoxoxo

Has anyone used a retractable leash?

That's what I use for Apollo and it seems to work better for me than astandard leash. This way if he bolts off i can give him some slack andhave to worry about hurting him. I can also control just how near orfar he is from me. I use the same thing for Athena. I just made sure toget the one for small dogs. It's very light weight.

Just a thought.

Tina

Heya Cher!!!

Thanks for the box of treats, HB104!! :dude: Yummmmmy! It's fun havinga penpal in China who's notes I can read. It's cool to see the stampsand postmarks from other countries. Love the candy! Thanks! Tucker evenhad a bite of that carmel coating fortune cookie type-of-thing. Thatwas Good! Can't wait to show the candies to my niece and nephew. It'svery cool to see it all written in Chinese.

As to your question about taking Tucker on walks, you had it right thefirst time, he takes me on a walk; I'm just the guard that watches outfor his safety. It's not a bad job, but the boss doesn't like it much.He seems to like having a roof over his head. Birds, planes, peoplemoving around, dogs, cats, cars, smells, he freezes for a while. Idon't like that because I know he's not enjoying it and inevitably,every time I've brought him back inside, he urinates just outside ofthe litterbox: Every Time! That finally trained me to stop taking himout for hikes because he just got 'ticked off' over it.

I put him in the baby backpack that Buck had gotten me and he cantolerate that for a bit, but after about 20 minutes, he got edgy. He'sonly done that once, but I have more hope for getting him outside likethat than on the harness. He was much more relaxed in the backpack.

Thanks again *crunch crunch crunch* for this *munch munch munch* excellent Taiwanese food! Deeeee-lish!!
:dude: (No Tucker. None for you. You can have a Yogurt Drop, but stop beggin!)

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

Here you are telling Bunnymommy not to give into Sherman and we catchyou giving into Tucker. Isn't that sort of being a hypocrit?:plmao, just kidding, we all give into those cute littleguys. Maybe you need to join RTA- Rabbit Treats Anonymus,and get some treatment. :p

[align=center]**************************************************[/align]
HB104,

My bunnies always seem to want to bolt as soon as they get out of myyard, I'm hesitant to take them out of my backyard even on a leashunless they are in my arms. I'm an over protective mom! lol. Both mylovely boys taught me the right way to walk a rabbit, lol, by lettingthem go where and do what they want. Congrats on the success with theirfirst leash experience!

Laura, Moch, & Spice

M&Smom wrote:
Carolyn,

Here you are telling Bunnymommy not to give into Sherman and we catchyou giving into Tucker. Isn't that sort of being a hypocrit?:plmao, just kidding, we all give into those cute littleguys. Maybe you need to join RTA- Rabbit Treats Anonymus,and get some treatment. :p

Laura, Moch, & Spice

*takes a bow*

Glad I could bring some laughter to your day, evening, night, ormorning (which ever it is) Bunnymommy and the rest that get a kick outof it.

Laura, Moch, & Spice

lol! That's great you got to get them on a leash!!Or that they got to walk you on one :D That harnesssounds adorable! I have a plain purple one for Oreo but she never getsto wear it cause she hates it :?

~pam

Recommend buying light weight chain to yourspecified length at hardware outlet, add snap fitting at one end andleather loop at the other for a rabbit "proof" leash. Ask mehow I know that? LOL

Cat harnesses are usually sold by circumference they will goaround. A 14" does well for most smaller breeds, while an 18"will handle 7 to 10 pounders.I would recommend buying onethat has friction slip buckles for adjustment, as opposed to that thatmay have a buckle with a tine projecting through holesin the web strapping. The former is infinitelyadjustable, whereas the latter may leave enough slack in the harnessfor the bun to simply step out of it. Ask me how I learnedabout that one, too. :p

Buck

I use a rabbit harness withElf. I used to use a small cat harness, but she grew out of it, and thenext size up is just a tad too large. She's never unsupervised whenshe's on the lead, so I feel all right about letting her hop about inthe rabbit harness, which is basically a thin rope that goes around herneck and body. Depending on where we are, she'll decide whether shewants to hop around a lot or just sprawl out in the shade of a tree. Ido live in Florida, so there is a long period of heat that she justdoesn't get out much. She gets extra time hopping about inside duringthose months. It is absolutely a case of her walking me, not the otherway around. She just adores the attention when we're out.

Minda

abebw.gif

WOW Carolyn you got that faaaaast! glad you areenjoying them :) now, just remember to say no to Tucker (no matter whatsort of look you get, ya gotta be firm girl!) hehe

As far as my walking experiences go, I dont think I will be taking themoutside anytime soon since I have no way to find out what is used inthe parks here...and the leash I use is very similar to Elf's exceptinstead of rope it resembles flat nylon ribbon...she (Jezebel) changesher mind on a daily basis with that *&^% thing. Jade has gonefrom tolerating it to being absolutley deathly afraid of it ??? I don'tunderstand that one, but when I put it on her she panics and will notmove an inch! So in lieu of having a panic stricken rabbit, I am givingher a break for awhile from it. Now, has anyone else had this happen?

Cher

Latest posts

Back