Food Habbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babymommy

Reaction score
I was wondering. Is theresuch a thing as feedling your rabbit too many vegatables? Iguess anyone can overeat. I read that a handful a day isgood. But I was wondering can they get spoiled on veggies andnot want their pellet food as much?????:?

I would not worry about the amount of pellets butI do watch mine with veggies as calcium in large amounts is not goodand I did have some buns develope the runs with too much greens. Mytend to ignore hay and do veggies instead so my veggies are bedtimetreats more than a meal as each gets a plate of salad which makes themrun to their cages for a midnight munch

I usually either give it to her in themorning (when i feel bad for leaving) or when i get home inthe afternoon. She loves it!:D

There are proponents of "natural" diets and"pelleted" diets. I think much of it has to do with what yourbun is gradually introduced to. Moderation in diet seems topresent few problems.

Pelleted diet is often a more nutritious and balanced one,but a natural diet may, in fact, be healthier. Pelleted dietsoriginally created to feed stock of meat producers and laboratoryanimals, where cost, convenience, and efficiency were of the utmostconsideration, as opposed to longevity of life of the buns, which wasnot a particular concern.

Jury is still out on this one. Oldest bun to have lived(18years 10 months 21 days)was fed a natural diet. Oldtimers went through many a hoop and gyrations to get their buns anadequate vegetable/greens diet, some ingredients of which I would haveno clue where to find nowadays, unless one lived in a farming community.

Buck:?

yeah, that's usually about how i doit. Her cage is in my daughter's room. So when I goin to wake her up, I always say hello to Baby also and go pet her. I opened the cage to pet her this morning and while i waschecking her food, she jumped right out on to my daughther'sbed. Needless to say, that woke her up. I guessI'll have to use that trick more often.

Have you ever tried those yogart chips? I giveher one every couple of days. She goes crazy for them.

yeah, i was looking at that last night.Like I said though only every few days or so. No all thetime. The bag says for small rabbits only 1 chip per day.

Latest posts

Back