rabbit magazines

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halogamer91

Reaction score
what rabbit magazines are out there

so far ive only found rabbits USA, a yearly one that ive been getting for the past three years now

my local pet stores(petsmart, scot's) dont sell very many rabbitmagazines, and when they have them in they only have rabbits usa

If you're a member ofARBA (AmericanRabbit Breeder's Association), you get the bi-monthly issueofDomestic Rabbits (DR) Publication. You don't haveto be a breeder to join ARBA, just a passion and interest inRabbits. The DR is loaded with information ranging from ARBAcontests to Breed History to Show result details, there's even a PetColumn and a Kids Korner. In the last issue of DR, the PetColumn discussed the different types of harnesses used: safest todangerous for your bunny. More info is here:http://www.arba.net

Some Breed clubs publish their own magazines - I'm alsoamember of the NMRRC (National Mini Rex Rabbit Club) andreceive a quarterly publication of Breed specific happenings, concerns,show result details, and updated Sweepstakes.

I'm sure there's others out there, but these are the only other ones I'm familiar with. ;)

~Sunshine

Many ARBA breed specialty clubs also havepublications. For instance the national Holland Lop club(HLRSC) publishes "The Hollander".

Other than the ones mentioned, I don't know of any nationally distributed rabbit magazines.

Pam

IS there a website to get info on ordering this magazine?

tterster wrote:
IS there a website to get info on ordering this magazine?

ARBA's Domestic Rabbit publication is only available tomembers. Membership also includes the Official ARBA RabbitGuidebook packed with information on rabbits and breeds -- well worththe cost of membership alone. I highly recommend joining. TheDomestic Rabbits publication has information for people not only forthose who show, but also the most up to date information on diseaseresearch and also includes a wonderful pet column.

American Rabbit Breeders AssociationMembership info:

Membership in the AMERICAN RABBIT BREEDERS ASSOCIATION,INC.,entitles the individual or family to a copy of the OfficialGuidebook To Raising Better Rabbits (free with the initial membership),the ARBA Yearbook, a subscription to Domestic Rabbits magazine,Registration, Grand Champion certification and other privileges.
Membership Fees:
Individual Adult - 1 year -$15.00Individual Youth - 1 year -$8.00Husband/Wife (Combination) - 1 year -$20.001 Yr Family - $20.00 (1 or 2 adults [must be spouse] ) plus $2.00 peryouth
3 Yr Family - $50.00 (1 or 2 adults [must be spouse] ) plus $6.00 per youth
** ALL NON-US MEMBERSHIPS MUST INCLUDE $10.00 PER YEAR SERVICE FEE **

Name:

Youth Age:

Address:

City:

State:

Zip:

Amount Enclosed:

Referred By: Pamela Nock #806

Send to:

American Rabbit Breeders Association, Inc.
Glen Carr, Executive Director
PO Box 426 Bloomington, IL 61702

I don't breed, nor show, but I joined ARBAbecause it doesfurther the cause and development of allaspects of rabbit husbandry and does not limit itself to a narrowlyfocused agenda as some of the other rabbit oriented organizationsdo.

Rabbit people, such as ourselves, do need representation beforegovernment and the public in some manner. ARBA is more"centered" and less "shrill" than some organizations, well known Imight add, that would prefer all rabbit breeding cease and no one bepermitted to keep a rabbit as a pet.

TheOfficial Guide Book Raising BetterRabbits andCavies that I received upon joiningback ARBA in 2001 was very well done. Domestic Rabbitsis a bi-monthly magazine which has regular columns on medicine, pets,cooking, meat prices,breed history, children and rabbits,andothers. It also presents Executive Board and CommitteeReports, as well as regional information. It is particularlyuseful if one is interested in showing rabbits. It is NOT aRabbits USA type of magazine, but tends to be more substantialand less "fluffy" than Rabbits USA. I dolook forward to receiving my copies.

The ARBA Yearbook largely devotes itself to listing ARBA membersand breeders for the current year, registered clubs, rules,constitution, committees and other general information.

Pam Nock has received acclaim for the sheer number of people she hasreferred to ARBA and I am sure you can understand why. She isa superlative example of the quality breeder, Registrar, and Judge thatARBA is capable of producing. When one realizes sherecommends joining ARBA, one has a tendency to listen because she is soimpressively knowledgeable.

You could do a lot worse than spending your $15.00 -$20.00 by joiningARBA this year, 2005. Don't forget to mention that Pam Nockreferred you.

Buck

I get a very small magazine for being a member of the House Rabbit Society.

Buck Jones wrote:
Pam Nock has received acclaim for the sheer number of people she hasreferred to ARBA and I am sure you can understand why. She isa superlative example of the quality breeder, Registrar, and Judge thatARBA is capable of producing. When one realizes sherecommends joining ARBA, one has a tendency to listen because she is soimpressively knowledgeable.

You could do a lot worse than spending your $15.00 -$20.00 by joiningARBA this year, 2005. Don't forget to mention that Pam Nockreferred you.

Buck

Thanks for the plug Buck -- you're such a doll :)

Pam

Lissa wrote:
I geta very small magazine for being a member of the House RabbitSociety.

I was an HRS member before I move from Ohio and I also enjoyed theirnewsletter. Many people will find that there is a HRS chapterright in their area.

http://www.rabbit.org/

There are similar organizations all over the world where one can find more info and publications on rabbits.

Pam

The Missus and I were declared personae nongratae by the NJ Chapter of HRS because it was believed I was a"danger" to rabbits and so "informed" our local animal shelterpersonnel, whom we had used as references pending an HRSadoption.

Fortunately, the local shelter people had visited our home on more thanone occasion during previous adoptions from them, so they knew the"informants'" printed warning of my salacious character were illadvised.We, therefore,survived thatinsidious assault on our characters and went on to live our lives as"bunnyoutlaws."
*chuckle*

But, that's another story! LOL

Buck

a really usefull book my best friend gave me was the very usefull bunny guide.

i just got my first bunny 2 1/2 years ago and it really helped. ittaught me what a rabbit can and cannot eat, and i still use it forrefrence my my bunny does something odd or something ive never seenbefore

Buck Jones wrote:
The Missus and I were declared personae non gratae bythe NJ Chapter of HRS because it was believed I was a "danger" torabbits and so "informed" our local animal shelter personnel, whomwe had used as references pending an HRS adoption.

Fortunately, the local shelter people had visited our home on more thanone occasion during previous adoptions from them, so they knew the"informants'" printed warning of my salacious character were illadvised.We, therefore,survived thatinsidious assault on our characters and went on to live our lives as"bunnyoutlaws."
*chuckle*

But, that's another story! LOL

Buck
WOW! I'm truly shocked and don't know what to say...

As much as I love HRS, apparently that particular chapter is not as savvy and astute as the rest of the organization ... :X

Latest posts

Back