Tallulah Maesie, the angel bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.

I'm so sorry you lost her. I'm really glad you're getting the necropsy done because I wish I had with Sprite.

Binky free Tallulah, binky free.
:sad:

oh no!! I am truly SOOO sorry for your loss!! I am crying right now...

sending you, your family and Tallulah all my LOVE :pink iris:

Tallulah knows, how much you love her!! ...she'll be waiting for you, at the Rainbow Bridge...hang in there...you WILL meet again...

I still can't believe that precious little Tallulah has gone :(. She was such a beautiful girl, and I thought we'd be seeing her sweet pictures on here for a long time.

Shiloh, I am so very sorry. Please let us know what the necropsy finds. We all cared for your little girl so much.

God Bless, Tallulah :(

Jan

It's clear that you loved your Miss Mae Mae dearly--and that you were an excellent mama to her. I am so very sorry for your loss. :cry1:

Your sweet girl remains her sweet self, however; only now she binkies freely on the other side of the :rainbow:. And your love goes with her. :kiss::hearts

Jenk

I miss my baby girl so badly! I'm still in shock that she's gone. She should be here with me. I did end up holding her one last time this morning wrapped in her towel and petted her head and gave her kisses. It's so hard to decide which kiss will be the last one. I want her back.

Work was terrible, I don't usually cry very much but I teared up many times and cried a couple times- one of the times I was helping a customer, but she was very understanding. Things like stupid songs on the radio and people buying leafy celery set me off. She never got to try celery because I wanted to wait until her tummy was more mature, but I'm sure she would have loved it, especially the leafy parts. I'll never get to see her enjoy celery or carrot tops and she never got to play in the grass.

I just got off the phone with the veterinarian. She just finished the necropsy. It's so frustrating because the less bunny experienced vet did the necropsy, and she said Tallulah's cecum was very full (which we knew) and she said she THOUGHT her intestines were kind of twisted up and that's what killed her, but that maybe they weren't twisted up. She said she took pictures during the surgery and posted them on some vet web site to see what others think. This isn't the definitive answer I was hoping for, we still don't know if she has anything "contagious". The necropsy was $100, her bill from yesterday was $475 and the private cremation is $150. It will cost an additional $160 to send the samples the vet took off to a pathologist, and I'm debating whether or not it's worth it. Her life and "proper" burial are definitely worth it, but I'm living paycheck to paycheck and I don't know if I can justify the extra $160.

I just want my baby girl back. I wish I'd known the last time I held her when she was healthy. I wish I could have spent more time with her. I wonder if something else could have been done for her and if she was in a lot of pain. Maybe something I did caused her to get sick? I'll never know, but I'll always feel guilty. I still feel guilty about Cinny's death even though he didn't die because of negligence or anything.

Would it disturb anyone if I post the pictures of her after she died and the video before she died? They aren't gruesome. Also, I know I've said it before, but reading about how everyone loved her really helps. It's good to know people will remember her.

I read this in RO today, and I thought to myself I didn't know we had two Tallulahs on this board...So I clicked on the link and found this...

I don't even know what to say...
:bigtears:

Oh my! This loss is devastating because, I was reading the first post you made when she was rushed to the vet. I was hoping the little girl would make it. I was hoping. :tears2:

I am so sorry for you. I hope your heart heals, from the love of your other buns.

She will be binky free at the bridge. :rainbow:

_

Karlee

oh shiloh...

i opened this thread preparing myself to see what happened, and i still feel like i didn't prepare myself enough.

i'm just so sorry. that's all i can really say. i can't believe it's TALLULAH. i can just feel the pain radiating from you. i'm just so sorry.

know that where tallulah is, there are no health problems, and she is watching and waiting always.

best wishes shiloh, i'm just heartsick over this one.

binky free, tallulah.

love, tracy

I'm so sad and went through and looked at her photos and videos. Here are a couple of videos and some of my favorite pictures that I hope you'll enjoy.

Licky girl last month:

Enjoying being petted a couple months ago:

8 week old baby binkies when I'd only had her a couple days:

The first picture I saw of her on Craigslist:

thingsforsale005.jpg

RoryandTallulah339.jpg

RoryandTallulah337.jpg

RoryandTallulah310.jpg

RoryandTallulah291.jpg

RoryandTallulah293.jpg

Tallulah's poopsplosion around Rory's cage:
RoryandTallulah278.jpg

RoryandTallulah246.jpg

RoryandTallulah265.jpg

RoryandTallulah231.jpg

RoryandTallulah233.jpg

RoryandTallulah239.jpg

LuEaster.jpg

RoryandTallulah089.jpg

RoryandTallulah083.jpg

RoryandTallulah075.jpg

Tallulahanddogscropped.jpg

the picture that was on Disapproving Rabbits:
Tallulah4.jpg

Tallulah3.jpg

ValentineBunnies007.jpg

ValentineBunnies038.jpg

They aren't in order and sorry there are so many!

I just don't know what to say in this thread!

I'm so, so very sorry for you Shiloh. Please believe that it was not your fault, you couldn't have prevented this. You were and are such a caring, careful, loving bunny mum, and Tallulah was so loved, and so lucky to have had such a happy life, allbeit far too short. Please know that I am always here for you...

She was one of my favourites, if not my favourite bunny on the forum, and I just can't believe that she's gone. I cried so much for you yesterday, and I'm crying now, and I just kept saying to Steve how it wasn't fair that you had to lose her, it just wasn't fair..

Tallulah, we will all miss you so very much! Your life was too short, but you touched so many people and bought smiles to so many faces. I hope that Cinnabun takes good care of you at the bridge, where you will binky away happily...

:rainbow::pink iris::rainbow:

Jen xxx

I am SOOO sorry that your little bunny girl is gone!! I'm crying right now...:cry1:

Tallulah and you did not deserve this. you should have had years to come together!! That is so unfair, and senseless!! You did the right thing, staying with her. She wanted you to be with her, when she died. You did all you could do, Shiloh!! Tallulah knows that!!

It's sad, that the necropsy didn't give the answers you were looking for. --- Tallulah is such a cute bunny girl!! Thank you so much for showing her sweet pictures!! Tallulah's spirit will ALWAYS be with you, and she is watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge!! Treasure her GOOD memories!! You love each other SO much!!

If there is ANYTHING I can do for you, please let me know!!

much Love, Nicole

:pink iris:

This is so sad for me to read because, although I don't post much, I had been keeping up with all of your threads about Tallulah's continuing problems and know how much you put into nursing her back to health. You mentioned about feeling guilty, like you could have done more, but please know that you did so much for this little girl and were always doing your best to be there for her. I don't think you could have done any more than you did. Sometimes it's just their time.

I was also looking back at your blog at all the Tallulah videos and pictures. The one of her licking the cage bars for her medicine is so precious! I'm really glad that you were able to get those pictures and videos of her, they are lovely remembrances.

When I first read about her passing my heart sank. Like many have mentioned, I felt like she was one of my own. She was on my bunny napping list from day one :). Binky free little one :rainbow:

I saw this on Goosemoose and my heart broke for you.

You're in all of our hearts and thoughts - I can't say more than everyone else has, but I hope your heart heals soon. *hugs*

I got an important e-mail from her breeder today. Here is part of it:

"Dear Shiloh,

Again, I am very sorry about Tallulah's "early flight" to Heaven. For sure, she was the most loved bunny and had a life, though short, that every pet should have. I do think, from your emails, that she was not a strong bunny from the beginning, although she never suffered from diarrhea while she was here and I never had an indication that she was anything but healthy.I know some of her symptoms started right away (runny nose) when you first had her, and that you consistently gave her the very best vet care (I'm sorry about your vet bill--way more than I could have imagined), so I believe perhaps genetically she had a compromised immune system that could not overcome the usual rabbit ups and downs.

Her mom, Olivia, has always been healthy, and her dad as well (I am sorry to say that Ijust last monthplaced him in a 4H home because I just had too many bucks). Olivia has never lost a baby, nor have I ever had someone contact me with a healthy problem in her children--till now.

However, Olivia had a litter of six in March, and I lost three of them in the space of one week when they reached six weeks of age. It was mucoid enteritis, which strikes weaning bunnies and is essentially 100% fatal due to cocci and clostridium overgrowth resulting from GI stasis and toxins in the cecum which cause death. I spent a lot of time and money and tried every antibiotic, probiotic, vitamin, etc. that I researched, but to no avail. I have lost four more bunnies during this month, all in the same manner, though in different litters, and it is so sad and discouraging. In previous years, I have never lost more than one baby here and there, and never one older than 9 weeks. I read that there are predisposing factors, such as environmental changes, loud noises, different caretakers, diet changes and genetics that may precipitate this condition, but the real cause is unknown. It sounds like this is the same condition that affected Tallulah, although she was an adult and should have been able to overcome it, I would think...but it makes me wonder about genetic predisposition.

I am still breeding my rabbits and currently have several healthy ones that made it through my recent crisis without any problems, but I cannot help but wonder why some were affected and others weren't. I am disinfecting my cages carefully and have switched to hay racks so the babies aren't eating hay off the bottom of the cage as much, but they still sit on their food while they eat, etc, so I have all the moms and babies on Sulmet for cocci, although none of my adults are thin or show any sign of disease."

Those symptoms sure do sound like what Tallulah had. She's lost 7 babies to this in March, April and May and 3 were Tallulah's siblings, raised in the same cage she was raised in. As far as she knows, Tallulah's littermates are all fine. I guess what she had is bacterial then. Skyler is only 5 months old and has been exposed to her "germs" and is currently suffering from a runny nose and sneezing (he's going to the vet tomorrow). You can imagine how worried I am about him!

Why did Tallulah have to be the "pioneer"? This woman has been breeding for years and never had a problem. My poor girl. I'm thinking about her all the time and keep looking for her, even though I know she's gone. I saw a bit of white in her cage out of the corner of my eye, and even though I was thinking about how much I miss her, my first reaction was that it was her sitting under the ledge in her cage. When I was opening the shades to the window by Skyler's cage, he came bounding over (very social bunny) and for a split second I thought it was her when I saw him in my peripheral vision.

I work as a cashier at Fred Meyer and of course am supposed to be cheerful with the customers. Most of my customers are pretty nice and a lot of them ask how I'm doing, just to be polite. Don't know what to say, today I stuck to "doing okay" or ignoring the question and asking them if they're having a nice Saturday afternoon. I told a couple of the customers about her though.

The past few couple days have been completely devoid of happiness. This afternoon though, a woman was buying a hummingbird magazine and seeing the magazine brought me the tiniest bit of joy (I love wild birdies), so when I got off work I bought the magazine (probably the only person under 60 who bought one!) and am going to look at it in a couple minutes.

Also, you know how people tend to think things are "signs" from deceased loved ones when they're mourning? I guess it helps them feel a little better. Well, yesterday afternoon the power went out in all of Fairbanks, just for half an hour or so. All the lights went out at Fred Meyer and we were running on the generator. Everyone was kind of giddy because it was so different, the customers were being especially friendly and helping each other. I couldn't help but think of Miss Mae causing a little mischief up there, trying to make me smile! Turns out a tree fell on a (seemingly very important) power line here in town.

Thank you all yet again for all the love you've shown for my girl. Give your bunnies lots of kisses and don't be afraid to spoil them! Miss Mae's favorite food was oats, feel free to give your bunnies a little bit in honor of my girly. She would always pick them out of her food bowl before hoovering down her pellets.

Latest posts

Back