The Nethie Boys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HoneyPot wrote:
I saw Ronnie's picture on cuteoverload.com today. :)

Your two boys really are incredibly adorable!!! And great photos, you really capture their personalities. Hehe, I love reading your blog.

Nadia
Thanks Nadia! :) When I read your comment I thought "Oh, I guess she's just catching up with last week's Cute Overload posts." So about 10 minutes ago, out of sheer boredom I decided to check up on the Cute Overload site to look at cute puppies and kittens...and I almost had a heart attack! What is Ronnie doing on Cute Overload again?!?!?! :shock:

I don't know who sends his pictures in but man...this time it REALLY caught me off guard. Well, at least they picked a better picture of him ;)

But in all seriousness, it makes me feel bad because I know people send in cute pet pictures all the time and never get posted, and here I am not sending in anything and finding Ronnie on there twice? I'm excited that Ronnie got on there, and happy that people find his disapprovals cute. But I also hope that it doesn't make people jealous, especially if you have been sending in pictures and haven't seen your cute pets on there. I know I would feel this way.

Well, CONGRATULATIONS Ronnie...you sneaky little bugger...for making it on Cute Overload AGAIN, and freaking me out real good this time :p

Both your boys are totally gorgeous :biggrin2:I have a soft spot for both smoke and blue.

Its very hard to get the type right as all the good breeders say if it was that easy we would all be winning ;)But I find it very interesting to see how they come on and which bun suits which!!

Billy put on another binky show for me last night. He put his all into this performance...it was as if he knew I needed a few more stills to finish up the binky video I've been putting off working on. Poor little guy tuckered himself out a few times, but then got up again to do more binkies :pinkbouce:

When it was time for him to go back in his cage, he got upset because he wanted to come out and play more! Well, it was already past midnight and his cage door had been opened since 7, so that wasn't gonna happen. But Billy fussed, grabbing up little pieces of hay and biting on the cage doors with the hay in his mouth. I have no clue why he must grab a piece of hay before biting the doors but it looks really funny and cute :adorable:

Anywho...I finally finished the binky video that I was supposed to finish about 2 months ago :). I just couldn't bring myself to work on this one. I think I'm all videoed out and I need a long break before I find interest in it again. A funny thing happens when you edit a video too much. You see the same clips so many times that you start to hate the video and lose all ability to detect a good video from a bad one. Well, I hope people will enjoy this one :?

I'll post a link to the video sometime in this coming week depending on how I feel about it and when I decide to upload it. Could be today or could be a week from now, but I'm leaning more towards sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of Billy tuckered out after an extensive binky session :)

DSC05496.jpg

DSC05527.jpg

DSC05540.jpg

DSC05559.jpg

New Binky Video!

Before I post the link, a few technical notes about the video in case anybody wants to know the camera or settings.

I filmed the video using movie mode on my Sony Cybershot digital camera. All of my older bunny videos were filmed on 640 standard mode which only records 16 frames per second (the normal speed for a camcorder is 30 FPS). I recently turned my digital camera up to 640 fine which films at 30 FPS and makes the quality a little better. As such, I was able to put the majority of the video in slow motion without it looking weird. (16 FPS makes for a very blurry and strange looking slo-mo).

With a 2 gigabyte memory card I can film 25 minutes of footage on my camera on the high quality setting. When I need more space I simply plug my camera into my computer, drag the icons for the video files over to my desktop, and delete them off my camera. As far as I know, you can't do this with a camcorder. The camcorders I have seen require a device called a "video capture card" to get the video files on your computer, and the process is a lot more complicated. Maybe they've updated camcorders since then, but I still prefer using a digital camera to record video because it's so compact and simple.

If anyone wants a copy of the original higher quality video (I'm not sure why you would but I have been asked before:p) feel free to request so in this blog and I can put it up on FileFactory for free downloads. I hope you all enjoy Billy doing his binkies! :biggrin2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_XJss15fj0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_XJss15fj0[/ame]

Another great vid!Those are some crazy bunnies :)I still have "I feel Pretty" saved to my computer lol.. thats the BEST video on youtube ever!

The new video is awesome! I had to watch it a couple times! I don't remember if I said this before or not, but I've been posting comments on your videos with my boyfriend's account, he's Devastator2C in case you were wondering where that crazy person has seen binky pictures of Billy before...

Billy is one of the most energetic little guys I have ever seen! Love the songs that you put with the Video's - and honsetly you cannot stop posting video's - I scan every week to see what you've put up - Billy & Ronnie crack me up everytime. The best I have to say was the levitating photo - I have that one on the wall in my office - makes me smile everytime I look at it.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :biggrin2:

I figured I would let you all see another video...one that's not quite edited for youtube but that I've uploaded to photobucket. This next video is what I call my "Binky Library," a collection of all the binkies and dashes Billy had done over 10+ recording sessions. I spliced them together into one comprehensive video, slapped some songs on it so I could watch it without getting bored, and used it to select the best binkies for the youtube video from my previous post.

I warn you, it is fairly long (5 minutes) and not edited to the music. The only editing done to this video is the splicing of clips together to contain only binkies and dashes. It looks like it's in super speed at times, but I promise that the speed has not been altered. Billy is just crazy fast ;)

So, if you're curious to know what Billy's binkies look like in real time...and see a whole lotta them, click the video below :)

Billy is a bunny Rockstar! Its almost like he knows your posting these vid's and that he has fans (and Ronnie too) and that they must put on a show.. I'm going to pull this up on my big screen and plop Baxter! in front of it and see what he does..

Does Billy watch the video's himself? Would be curious what his response would be..

Please keep them coming - I'd suggest a weekly video show - Monday nights at 8:00 PM work for me.. ;)

juliew19673 wrote:
Billy is a bunny Rockstar! Its almost like he knows your posting these vid's and that he has fans (and Ronnie too) and that they must put on a show.. I'm going to pull this up on my big screen and plop Baxter! in front of it and see what he does..

Does Billy watch the video's himself? Would be curious what his response would be..

Please keep them coming - I'd suggest a weekly video show - Monday nights at 8:00 PM work for me.. ;)
Hah! I'm sure Billy would LOVE to put on weekly shows for you but I don't have the stamina to keep up with him! :p

Sometimes I think Billy was a stage performer in a past life. I get thrown off by how much he acts like a little person. If you watch him he will dance for you, but if you don't pay him any attention he will get upset and go sulk in his cage. He really loves attention and the camera doesn't phase him at all because he's so used to it. I'm pretty sure he thinks the camera is an extension of my arm :)

In terms of watching the videos, I don't think Billy really understands or can see them that well. He kinda ignores the TV and computer screen unless there's a bird chirping on the Discovery channel :D. He doesn't even care for his own reflection. Once he got over being scared of himself, he was more concerned with what was behind the mirror than the bunny he saw in it.

So generally, I think Billy just likes having his human slaves watch him and then he gets happy and starts binky dancing for us :)

I'd suggest a weekly video show - Monday nights at 8:00 PM work for me.. ;)
Works for me too:biggrin2:

My kids beg to see more Billy videos everytime they see I'm on this forum! He's a star! My daughter's favorite right now is "I feel pretty" but my son prefers "The REAL Energizer Bunny". He IS the Binky King.

Curious, Does Ronnie not binky? Is he the "straight-man" in thiscomedic partnership? Loved the comment someone made stating "he looks like Winston Churchill" - Ronnie has that impression down to a "T".

kirst3buns wrote:
My kids beg to see more Billy videos everytime they see I'm on this forum! He's a star! My daughter's favorite right now is "I feel pretty" but my son prefers "The REAL Energizer Bunny". He IS the Binky King.
That's so funny! When I uploaded my first Billy video, I never imagined that people would actually be watching him, let alone have their kids watching him and enjoying his antics! :D I took the mentality that "if someone stumbles upon this video, I hope they think my bunny is cute."

I guess Billy has a certain charm about him...he's got such a huge personality for a wee bun. I think people would be surprised to see how small he is in real life. I think Billy would be even more surprised to see just how small he is compared to us. He's going through a phase now where he bosses me around by pushing my hand, foot, camera, or even my nose out of the way with his face! Just the other day I was sitting there minding my own business when I felt something furry pushing at my foot. "Pardon me master, for being in your way!" :p

DSC05601.jpg

Uhh... my kids, my parents, my sister, my nieces...... anyone I talk to online has seen Billy's and Ronnies videos..... ok..... wait...... not everyone has seen Ronnies "humpfest" one. LOL!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Uhh... my kids, my parents, my sister, my nieces...... anyone I talk to online has seen Billy's and Ronnies videos..... ok..... wait...... not everyone has seen Ronnies "humpfest" one. LOL!
LOL, yeah when I showed my dad one of the Ronnie videos he shook his head at me and said "I can't believe you actually put the bunny humping a stuffed animal on the internet."

Latest posts

Back