Female bunny, not spayed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelsbun

Reaction score
She was a wild bunny when a dog caughther..probably 1 month old. About 2 months ago started to develop asmall double chin, but now it is big. Someone told me it was anestrogen sack....today she was crazily building a nest in herhouse...what do you think? (8 months old now)

Could be that the 'ol gal is going to have a family soon. Is her belly very big? Some rabbits have false pregnancies.

The double chin is called a dewlap and it's loose skin found in females.

-Carolyn

She has never had SEX....I know because she isalways caged or on a lease!! There has been a wild malecoming into our yard and hanging around her cage, but there is nopossible way they could complete the task through the wire mesh!!

About the neck, is it normal....Didn't fully understand why it's there.

Since you know she's not pregnant, then it's most likely a false pregnancy.

Don't worry about the dewlap, it's normal.

-Carolyn

Just to get it straight........what is a falsepregnancy..and is the dewlap because ofthis????? P S....believe I'm anurse!!!!!!

The dewlap is extra skin that does of some breedshave. It is perfectly natural and normal for a rabbit to havethis. It is very possible for rabbits to breed through wirecages. It happens quite frequently at fairs in the summerwhere does and bucks are in cages next to each other, with hardly anyspace between them. Your mentioned wire mesh, how large arethe spaces? Rabbits can have false pregnancies. Thedoe is convinced she is having a litter and will build a nest, pull furand wait. Having the doe fixed will solve the problem as thehormones that cause it will be removed. Please keep usupdated on her condition. Donna

Jezebel has developed one of those (the dewlap) butI refer to it as her year-round built in scarf (makes her feel moreattractive especially when it's commented that some does have a "secondchin") for she is a beautiful bunny and is not fat in any way.......Asfar as you saying YOU KNOW she is not pregnant because she is always inher cage or on a lease....well you just answered your own questionthere~who do you lease her out to ? and for how long?:shock:OMG I am just kidding, I just thought that was quitefunny, and believe me I make MAJOR typo's all the time.

Take care all ;)Cher, Jezebel and Jade

Greetings HB104,

I caught what you did from this post too. *laughs*

I love your analogy of the scarf. I've missed ya!

-Carolyn

OMG....I hope she's not pregnant!!!!

She spends most of her time in her Condo which is many feet above theground...but when we're home she likesto be out on the lawnin a smaller mesh cage. She prefers to do her business on the lawn andwill not go for hours till she's put out!!!

That is funny about the wire mesh.....only I'm not laughing!!The mesh is 1" long by half" wide......could they do it throughthat???????

Latest posts

Back