Question for Pam and all other Expert breeder

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
You all know my Daisy but it is baffeling me towhat breed or mix she is. Is there any type that stand out to you - I'dlove to find out.

Thanks

Vickie

attachment.php

I am not too sure Pam I have never actuallyweighed her. I would say going of Caitlyn when she was born that she isbeteewn about 8 - 10lbs. She is very chunky, its not fat just reallysolid. One thing though I couldn't be 100% sure that Daisy and Busterare brother and sister i just presumed as they were together in thesame cage and selling as a pair.

Vickie

Can you post a photo of Buster? Daisyis much larger than she appeared in the photo :) She isstandard Rex in size.

Pam

Yep, I agree with Pam that she is standard Rexthen but she looks way smaller in the photo. If they wereselling them as a pair and they were a breeder then they prolly aren'tbrother and sister because that wouldn't be a good breeding pair sothey might not be brother and sister.

Robert

I can't tell from the photo -- does Buster have"normal" rabbit fur? (not rex like Daisy's) It's possiblethey are siblings from parents carrying the recessive rex gene (or oneparent was a rex and the other carried the recessive gene) -- eithercross could produce both normal and rex fur. Or -- Daisy andBuster may not be related at all.

Pam

Cleo is a mix of something :) Possiblysome lop in the background due to the coloration. MaybeEnglish Spot way in the background. How big is Cleo?

Very possible both parents were "broken"because Cleo has such light markings (appears to be broken fawn).

Pam

Well since we are playing what kind of bunny ismine....... What kind is snowball? I have Pappy whois a rex and Buggles who is an American Fuzzy Lop but am unsure ofSnowball. She is white with pink eyes and now has gray earsand a gray spot on her tail.
DSCN0813.jpg

DSCN0805.jpg

How big is Snowball? She's a mix ofsome sort :) Her coloring is Himalayan aka Californian akaPointed White -- however, she's also an "agouti" pointed.(The desired points should be of a self genotype). Becausethe feet aren't white, there's no color on the nose and only a littleon the tail, she may even be a broken agouti himalayan marked rabbit(genetic nightmare for breeders attemting to breed showable colors LOL)

What is her fur like? It almost seems to have a Satin sheento it (but hard for me to tell from the photo). Breeders havebeen working on "mini" Satins that look similar to your rabbit.

Whatever mix she is, she certainly is very pretty!

Pam

I am not sure of her weight but she is slightlysmaller then Pappy who is a Rex. They are both around 4 1/2-5 months old. She was the smallest one in thebunch. When we got her she was all white, since then her earshave grayed and her tail looks like someone had dirty fingers when theytouched her. Just a little spot of gray/black. Herfur is kind of like a cats I guess. I never really thoughtmuch about it. Pappy's is thick and soft like a cottonball. Snowball's is soft but not real thick.

Thanks for your help.

Jen

Latest posts

Back