HELP EYE PROBLEM!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandra

Reaction score
Hi all!

Awhite waterry discharge has come out of my bun's eye. What could this be?

I've seen that he has wet eyes for a week, but I thought that's becauseof the change of temperature (he is an outdoor rabbit). But now, afterI brought him in the house, a big drop of something white came out ofhis eye.

He is feeling fine andhe's eating and behaving normally.

What should I do?

Thank you,

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

I wouldn't mess around with an eye problem - with rabbits or humans.

I'd go to a rabbit vet that knows what they're doing. Knowing that therabbit has had a problem for the past week, I wouldn't waste timegetting to the doctor.

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

I agree with Carolyn as there could be any numberof causes such as gland problems, bacterial infection, cornealirritation or teeth problems creating pressure on the sinuses.

Pam

It probably is the reaction to sometingirritating the eye. could be something in it, a piece ofhair, hay etc. Check the small corner of the eye forsometing. Mine will get this when some fur gets in theireye. A trip to the vet may be in order if you don't seeanything obvious.

Ed

My bunny (Fluffy)used to have that. Ithink it was because the root of a tooth was pushing up into his eye.They tried to remove it but couldnt. So we had to inject himeverydayand give him eye drops. He was 9 when he got it.

Luv loz

Thank you all for your answers.

We have been to the vet and he has given us an eye-cream with Kanamicin and now he is feeling better.

We spent the Christmas hollyday away with some friends and that's why I didn't answer sooner.

Wewish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Alexandra and Rit

Yay, Alexandra!

Good Job!

Had you not addressed the problem and had it fixed, you could've lost your little one. He needed the medication to get better.

Good for you for finding it early and getting him the care he needed.

Have A Very Happy New Year, and don't be a stranger.

:)

-Carolyn

A hearty head nod to the previous posts...GOODJOB! I know for Jezebel she was very prone to bacterial infections inTaiwan and for some odd reason quite liked the drops to be put in, Iread that some of them relate it to grooming. So, in her sneaky ways Ithink she was putting little clumps of fur in her eyes to bring iton..*grin grin* In all seriousness though, are some breeds moreproneto eye infections? ( I have noticed that a lot of theFlemish have a pink cast to their inner lids)

Cher

Latest posts

Back