Well I finally got on here! Hi All

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekcip5

Reaction score
Finally was able to get on here to post byreregistering by adding a 5 to my trekcip. Will see if itstill works next time. Really do not like the format here,but since no one seems to be posting much at the other site, I guess Ihave no choice. Just find it very annoying to have to clickthe back button to get to a new topic instead of just reading andclicking. We have one new polish litter born last weekend andam expecting an rew one any time now, keeping our fingerscrossed. Will be at the show in North Haven on Sat.Rain predicited, but I am hoping it won't keep the public away as wehave a ton of kits to sell. Has anyone heard from Haybunnylately? Both her email addresses are bouncing backmail. Will post more later. Donna

Maybe you can help me. I have a Polish rabbit whois a biting and mean. I am told that it is the breed but I am Polishand don't like to think that is true. I think it is because she wasabused. What is the breed like personality wise. I want to get all theinfo I can to try to help her. Two days ago she actually came up tofront of her cage when I spoke to her. She is a beauty and I want tohelp her out

WelcomeDonna!!

Glad you got in here. I know the format takes some gettingused to, but there's a lot of good things about it that I do like, #1being that it's easy to post pictures and besides the Beautiful Bunnieswe see, should the need ever come up whereas someone's rabbitdevelops a condition, they can post it here so that people can take alook and give ideas/suggestions.

I haven't heard from Haybunny, but I haven't tried to contacther. She had changed her address, which may be why yourgetting the emails back. Will send her a note and have heremail you.

-Carolyn

Hi Donna. Good to see you here. Understand whatyou mean about having to click back to the contents all the time, butyou get used to it, eventually. I like the spell check here,so I don't look like an ignoramus when I post.

People here are a most congenial bunch, with a decidedly internationalflavor. Aside from the very erudite Pam Nock and Dennis, hereonce in awhile, I think you would be a welcome addition to this forum,representing the breeder faction. Breeders have a tendency tohave run into more health problems, and devised treatments for same,than a solitary pet owner might run into in a lifetime. Ithink I've learned more information about rabbits, ingeneral,by paying attention to breeders' comments in forums,such as this, than any other single source.

Welcome! :D

Buck

Hi Buck,

bluebird is also a breeder.

Don't want to get into the us/them mentality of breeders/pet owners, aswe have posters that are in the veterinary profession as well that fallinto the latter area.

Both, breeders and pet ownersare important contributors, asyourself being an example with all the knowledge and experience youbring to the table.

After someone has helped a bunny overcome an illness, that person getsa crash course in things that do and don't go wrong; breeder and petowner alike, don't you think?

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Both, breeders and pet ownersare important contributors, asyourself being an example with all the knowledge and experience youbring to the table.

After someone has helped a bunny overcome an illness, that person getsa crash course in things that do and don't go wrong; breeder and petowner alike, don't you think?

-Carolyn

Very well stated Carolyn! I've learned an immense amount ofinfo from pet owners as well as the House Rabbit Society. Ithink the contributions of both interests expands our knowledge farmore than either alone.

Pam N.

Hewo Donna. Im lauren and I have 2 bunnies ebony and Fidget what are yours like?

wuv 4rm loz
xxooooxoo

(I love pink and Blue)

Carolyn wrote:

-Carolyn
Roger that, Carolyn. That is mostcertainly true, as I've learned most recently with our mini lop,Missy's gastric surgery.

If we share our experiences, on a forum such as this, others get theexperience of learning vicariously, instead of the heartbreak oflearning it first handedly, and, perhaps, may be able to alter theoutcome more postively.

Which of us is not learning a great deal from Mommybunny's efforts toheal Sherman and is not better aware of what to do if our bun begins toexhibit any of his symptoms? Who of us is not impressed withher love and efforts for that bun, sweetie that he is?

Buck

Yes, exactly, Buck.

(Bunnymommy did come to mind.)

You've certainly gone through your share with just Missy during theintestinal operation, not to mention: Maxie, Moolie, Montie,transporting Calbert on a plane from California; And that's just onepet owner's story. Breeders certainly love and want the best for theirherd as well.

Every one's questions/experiences/feelings are important and worth noting.

-Carolyn

Greetings Bunty,

Can you post a picture of your little one so that someone can tell you what she is?

To Donna's tribute, she and her son raise the most docile and beautifulPolish and Mini Rexes I've ever seen. I'm sure she'll be able to giveyou some clues. She's won many a prizes for the gorgeous rabbits shebreeds. She's got names for every one except for the babies that shesells.

We're very lucky to have her among us. She covers the whole gamit ofthe rabbit world like Pamnock. She has pet rabbits and she breedsrabbits. I'm very excited to have her on this forum.

-Carolyn

Hi Donna and welcome, I remember yourposts from the other forum.Thisforum does take some time to get used to but like Buck, Ilike the spell check. Good to see you here and Ihope that we hear more from you. Beckie :D

Sorry Buck, with your vocabulary,eloquent way with words and your research on bunny friendly products, Ido not see how anyone could possibly think that you could be anignoramus. Bad speller like me maybe, but not anignoramus! Beckie

Oh but Beckie,

I have met Buck in the flesh. He is everything he purports to be. Notan ignoramus in any way. I have learned quite abit from Buck, and notonly pertaining to rabbits. He is a quite knowledgeable Man. Yeah rightBuck, Ignoramus indeed! We all may make typing snafus when on the net.Some from typing too fast and others from fumbling fingers. That hasnothing to do with the price of beans! Whatever that means?:dude:

Dennis,C.V.R. Howdy Donna!:shock:

And I, HankHanky, have learned quite a bit from you.

Having bred rabbits for 14 years, your knowledge is certainly welcome here.

-Carolyn

Polish are not known to be mean ornippy. On the otherhand Netherland dwarfs do have thatrep. But there are many who are sweethearts. Sinceyou haven't raised the bun from a kit, you will have to deal with thebehaviors and personality she has brought with her from her formerlife. Just be very patient with her, talk to her often andsweetly. Once she starts to trust you, you should see achange.Our first REW doe was 1 1/2 when we got her.and not a sweet bunny. She would grunt and snort every timewe went to feed her. I would have to take the nest box out ofher cage with here first litter in order to check them as she was veryangry and upset if I went in the box. Months later with hersecond litter she was much calmer and didn't care. She wouldcome to the front of the cage and there was no sign of the previousaggressiveness. So just take your time, stay calm and bepersistent and she will come around. Polish usually do have asweet and loving disposition. Donna

I will get pictures of my buns as soon as I figureout this scanner. Miss Grace is 1 1/2 years old and a preety blue/graycolor. She was a rescue and almost starved when we found her. She wastoo weak to run at that time. We had her vetted out and spayed. Sheseems terrified of kids. The first foster home that had her could notake the biting. She has never tried to bite me. I work at home andduring the days she is with me alone for 3-4 hours and I am trying tobond. I can see in her face she wants to trust be is afraid to. She islisted as an unadoptable becasue of this but she will have a place withme her whole life if need be. She loves her hay and veggies not much onpellets and loves butter pecan ice cream

Latest posts

Back