nethie babies Dec 07

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polly

Reaction score
This is more for me than anything i find so many pics in my blog that i thought i would copy Peg a bit and have a blog for the new litters so i can capture how much they gorw and boy do they grow quick!!

Also this is my first litter where i am breeding for showing (well hopefully!!) and they are all the colours i want to work with :)

So first up are

Lucy's babies born 21st December.

I am so pleased with her this time she had 3 but one was dead last time she had Sun she is really getting the hang of this motherhood thing after the hardest start of all my mummy bunnies.

This is her black otter we think its a boy cause it pee's like its a hosepipe :pIt opened its eyes today

DSC01098.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

This is thesiamese sablewe think its a little girl cause it to has wee'd on me but it was a dribbler lol. wonder if we will be right !!

she is very bouncy and has opened one eye today but last night i went in to see them and she bounced so high i thought she was gonna fall out of the hutch but luckily she landed in the food bowl instead. I don't know just over a week old and trying to give me a heart attack all ready :shock:

DSC01108.jpg

delphi's babies. 20th dec.07

This is Delphi's first litter and she is a very protective mama. She has had 2 babies and Bruce saved the black one.

It was the first born and when he went out to the shed it wasn't breathing and was lying out in the open so picked it up and kinda prodded it a bit then he saw a small pulse so he whistled for me and we cleaned it off properly cause Delphi hadn't done a very good job and that was it, it is so big and greedy now. i think it might have white underarms though which is a shame cause i can't show it but we will see how it comes on. and cross our fingers it doesn't cause i would really like some black bunnies in my shed again.

DSC01125.jpg

This si Delphi'smartin sablebaby so cute it kept trying to climb up my sleeve tonight not an easy feat when i have my splint on but hey it gave it a good shot!! I think its a blue otter thats what Delphi is but seen as i am no genetic whizz i am not sure it could be a blue fox its not got any tan compared to Lucy'y black otter. Either way i am happy:)

DSC01135.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

Its going to be so much fun to watch each other's litters grow...:biggrin2:

Peg

Sophies babies born 20th dec 07

This is Sophies first alive litter she came to me as i needed an agouti to improve the colour in my opals coats and was told that if i mated her to my opal buck i would get a litter of agouti's (or chestnuts if you are american) LOL so much for that Sophie had other ideas and gave me a black a blue and and opal which i am over the moon with. She has become such a sooky bun since she had the babies and will now sit for hours getting stroked and nose rubs.

first up is the blue self. If any bun was born to show it was this wee one as you can see!!! He (im not sure yet !) he was the first to open his eyes yesterday everybun else opened today and when i went in last night he was chasing his mum round the hutch!!

DSC01138.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

This is the opal its colours are beautiful at the mo it looks like it has a lot more tan through it than its dad. But it is quiet like its dad was (though he's not anymore:p)

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01150.jpg

DSC01151.jpg

And last but not least this is her black. Bruce thinks its a little girl and she has had a lot of attention because she has a problem with her bum (if you look close at her tail in the first pic you will see its wet as she just had a butt bath) i have secretly named herholly as she is smaller than the rest of them and with her being born near to xmas.

I don't know if she is gonna make it i don't think Bruce thinks she will so i have to keep my fingers crossed for her.

the blacks were a bit more special to me than the others as they were born the day Dido died last year and he was my heart bun so i would do anything not to lose her.

DSC01160.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

Wow... my Cinnabun must have been the cutest thing ever when he was a widdle baby! These little Nethies are ADORABLE!! I really hope the black baby makes it!!!

Thanks guys just a quick update. the little black bunny is doing really well thanks to Pamnocks help and should hopefully catch up with the others i think they are adorable to and am so used to having babies with tiny ears i always think its weird to see the other breeds as babies :p

They are all growing well and hopefully i will get them out for another photoshoot soon :biggrin2:

tundrakatiebean wrote:
OHMYGAWD! I just saw this and I have to say:

I don't think there is anything cuter than nethie babies!

:yeahthat:

Polly, they are gorgeous! We raise Nethies too, and I agree about the ears. Our last litter is now almost 10 weeks old and we can't wait to show them next month.Some of yours already look like great posers! Congrats!!!

Patty

babies are now 2 weeks and 2 days ols and are filling out nicely :Ddue to the stop in hutch cleaning i will post the other babies later :)

Lucy's babies

2 weeks and 2 days old

DSC01211.jpg

DSC01212.jpg

lol that i have taken pics of them all. " i snapped them with the camera"

Sorry no bunnies were hurt in the making of this blog :D

Latest posts

Back