My poor Ben

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fergi

Reaction score
Right here..."pointing finger to pa, Minnesota, US
Ben decided to go after my dog again and thistime the results were bad. I am waiting for the vet hospital to callback, lucky the person on call is familiar with rabbits. He is bleedingfrom his nose and I can hear the blood gurgle as he breaths. I hatethis, having to wait to bring him in. I pray to God he will be ok, I amkeeping him quite and warm, I hope he doesn't go into shock before Ican get him to the vet. This SUCKS!!!!!!! No more dogs and buns ever,ever, ever, again:(

Fergi's mom

WIll post once he is at the vets and stable I hope.

OMG! what is with dogs this week?Sydney actually chased Bo the other night so I have to keep her put upif he's out or stay right with her.

I am praying for Ben! I hope he does ok. :(

No Fergi! Not my Ben!

:shock:

Anything else going on other than the nosebleed and gurgling? That dog is quite a good size.

I hope to God he'll be okay.

Praying very hard. Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

oh no...:(...BigBen was trying to show that dog who he thought should be boss. I thinkthe dog was always really good to the bunnies from what I remember. Butif Ben hurt him, he would bite back...I sure hope Ben is okay. Will beworrying and waiting to hearsomething....

Raspberry

Good grief! Another dogattack! How could you anticipate that? Try not tofeel too guilty about the circumstances. Both animals werejust being who they were. Hindsight is always20/20. In the mean time, prayers for Ben going ou from here,too.

Buck

I hate this, Ben had to be put to sleep tonight.The vet on call was not a rabbit savvy vet which he did admit to me. Hefelt that Ben either had trauma to his lungs or his brain which wascausing the blood in his nose and mouth. He also thought that sometrauma to the jaw had happened. His option was to try to stabilize Benthrough the night with Baytrol, some pain meds and IV fluids and thenin the morning to do x-rays to see what was the problem. He felt thatBen's chances of surviving till morning were slim and that even afterdoing the x-rays there may not be anything they could do for him. Withthe chances of recovery so slim I had to make the toughest decision ofmy life. He was such a fighter but he was in pain and scared. Needlessto say I have been sobbing since we got to the vets office. Iappreciate all your kind words and your prayers, please keep prayingthat Ben has a safe trip to the Rainbow Bridge. I gotta go, this is toohard for me right now.

Fergi's mom

Oh, gosh! I'm so sorry. Iknow how hard that decision is to make, even when you're sure it is forthe best. There is just no way to feel better about that kindof situation.

Boy, will we ever have a lot to say to our dear, departed pets we we join them across the bridge.

My utmost condolences to you during this most difficult time.

Buck

Fergi wrote:
I hate this, Ben had to be put to sleep tonight. The vet on callwas not a rabbit savvy vet which he did admit to me. He felt that Beneither had trauma to his lungs or his brain which was causing the bloodin his nose and mouth. He also thought that some trauma to the jaw hadhappened. His option was to try to stabilize Ben through the night withBaytrol, some pain meds and IV fluids and then in the morning to dox-rays to see what was the problem. He felt that Ben's chances ofsurviving till morning were slim and that even after doing the x-raysthere may not be anything they could do for him. With the chances ofrecovery so slim I had to make the toughest decision of my life. He wassuch a fighter but he was in pain and scared. Needless to say I havebeen sobbing since we got to the vets office. I appreciate all yourkind words and your prayers, please keep praying that Ben has a safetrip to the Rainbow Bridge. I gotta go, this is too hard for me rightnow.

Fergi's mom

I can't believe it! This can't be True!!

Noooooo, No - this isn't Right!!!!!

This can't be So!

I'm beside myself. Not Ben!

This is so wrong!

Ben was supposed to live a long life.

This isn't right.

I'm sorry, but this and Cupcake is too much for one night.

-Carolyn

I don't even knowwhat to say. Not Ben...I just can't believe it. I can't believe Ben isgone.

Raspberry

nothing can make it better, I know. So, so sorry.

I remember making that decision too, and crying into Bunbun's fur as Isaid goodbye and didn't think I could bear losing him. I cried so hardI couldn't see straight.

when Bunbun died, the only thing thatmade itbearablewas having his babies--his son. You have Ben's babiestoo--it's like there's part of him still around. As I watch Bub growup, it's like Bunbun's death was all justa bad dream--that Ihave him back, well, young, and strong. I feel like none of it everhappened, and it's strangely comforting.

They do take after their parents. Bub could almost beBunbun, really, and having him erases a lot of sorrow from losing hisdad only a few months ago. The things he does are exactlythethings I loved about Bunbun.

it's really an amazing gift Ben left for you, in his little ones. They take a lot of pain away.

lots of love now

Rose

What is going on here? :shock:EverytimeI come on here someone is losing a rabbit. I am crying right nowmyself.. poor Ben! I cannot believe this has happend..

You all will be in my thought tonight, and I will be hugging my buns tight tonight for all you.

~Nichole

Oh Fergi, I am so sorry to hear aboutBen. I know how much you loved him, that was obvious fromyour posts. I was in hopes that he just had a bloody nose andwas quite shocked to come back to the forum and read your lastpost. I am so glad that you have his babies. It islike Rose says, you will be able to experience him throughthem. You and your family will be in my thoughts andprayers.** HUGE HUGS** to all. Beckie

Oh my gosh I am so sorry! I am just soso sad for you. I guess I don't even know what to say, I knownothing will make it better for you, but I will be thinking ofyou! Tracy

Latest posts

Back