I adopted a bunny last night!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's what I thought too ;)

jordiwes wrote:
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwe! Definitely the best Christmas present for you and them!

MI175.9856835-3-x.jpg

Aww they are so cute! One thing to think about though- will you be keeping them all in your room? Sometimes things can get tricky when you have a few in one room. As long as youre up for it it will be fine, but some bunnies get very territorial and will mark more (or try to fight). I hate having Max 2.0 and Nigel in the same room, its not fun.

Theyre so adorable though! Maybe Steve would like a pair for his room? lol

As for Dutchess- they couldnt get her in any earlier? Thats really taking a risk waiting 2 weeks. I bet Dr. Cavendar could get you in next week if youre interested. I could probably even take a day off work and go with you and we could visit the shelter while shes in, if youre interested.

Im so happy you took her in though! Whew!

Hey, everyone!

Dutchess is home and well!!! :)A HUGE thanks goes out to Haley, who has helped my buns and me SO MUCH! :hug:

So far, she's just been relaxing. I've seen her eat Romaine lettuce, drink some water, and she has peed. However, I don't see any poops yet.

I gave her a heated rice sock, but she doesn't seem tolike or wantit, lol.

I'm nervous about giving her meds tomorrow, but I think she'll be a good girl. I also hope she poops soon!

Also, Mr. Evey went to the vet today to get his teeth trimmed, and the vet cut them so oddly. I can't get a good picture, but they are jagged like fangs! Would anyone knwo why a vet would do that? I wasn't there when it was done (my bf took him) so I didn't get a chance to ask.

Please continue to keep Dutchess in your prayers:thanks:

-Kathy

Glad that Dutchess is doing well. It's awesome that she's eating already. It took Pumpkin a day or so and some serious coaxing with treats before she was back to her old self.

How's Mr Evey? Is he able to eat ok? Hope all is good there, too.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom wrote:
Glad that Dutchess is doing well. It's awesome that she's eating already. It took Pumpkin a day or so and some serious coaxing with treats before she was back to her old self.

How's Mr Evey? Is he able to eat ok? Hope all is good there, too.

Thanks, she actually didn't eat a whole lot, but at least it was something :]

Mr. Evey seems like he can eat just fine, but I am so confused about his little vampire teeth, haha!

WOW! Eating already at all is impressive for little does! What a good girl.

She's so cute! I love her laying in person's arms picture! :hearts:

I hope she feels even better today!!

You know, I asked a petstore person if all the bunnies were girls or boys and they told me "Only neutered males" and guess what? one of them had little nads. UN-NEUTERED!!

And what is it they do with all the girls?

Hi, everyone!

I'm popping in to give an update. Mr. Evey is doing well...the vet said he's gained over a pound since he was neutered about7 weeks ago!! I'm sure it's because his teeth are under control now.

This morning, I felt like a horrible bunny mom. I went to give Dutchess her pain med. and she hopped out of my arms and ran under the bed. I finally got her out and accidentallygave her almost double the amount that she's suppose to get :?

She seems to be doing well, but I feel just awful. She is eating all her greens and bits of hay, but I don't think she's eating her pellets. She isn't much of a pellet eater anyway.Also, she is pooping and drinking normally so that's good.

Aaaaand, I don't want to cause any stress to Dutchess at all so I'm going to wait until maybe this weekend or next week to really look into that pair ;)

When Dutchess is healed and well, she and Mr. Evey will start dating, hehe.

Thanks for the warm wishes, everyone!

-Kathy

Hey Kathy, did you try the pumpkin yet? If not try putting a little in the bowl with her pellets, sometimes that entices them to eat.

Im glad shes eating other things and pooping though!

So, Dutchess hates pumpkin!! She still hasn't eaten any pellets, but she is nibbling on hay.

She had a bout of diarrhea today, and that also had me worried, but I've been staying up to see if she's pooping normally, and she finally is! :weee:

Now I can sleep! haha, it's 2 am...

:dutchI love my sweet girl. I'll update tomorrow as well.

-Kathy

She ate some pellets today! I'll give her some more medicine tonight.

Her and Mr. Evey's cages are next to each other, and I took the blanket off her cage today, and they both got sooo happy to see each other. I can't wait to bond them!

That's all for now,

Kathy

Im so glad shes doing better- Ive been quite worried about my little friend :)

How is Mr. Evey doing? Has he been eating alright?

Haley wrote:
Im so glad shes doing better- Ive been quite worried about my little friend :)

How is Mr. Evey doing? Has he been eating alright?

thanks, I've been worried too!

little Evey is eating a lot, lol! But, I'll be checking his teeth and gums daily to make sure those crazy pointers aren't cutting him...sheesh!

I think I'm going to start buying supplies for my NIC cage tomorrow, yay! Where did you say you purchased the coroplast from again?

Sorry, I missed this!

Its called One Source and its located on Elms Road in Swartz Creek. You can take US23 to Bristol road- which merges with Miller, stay on Miller and make a left on Elms and its on your left. The big 4x8 sheets are about 10.00 and you can get it in any color.I would takethe Hummer because the sheets are very large!

Oh and let me know if you go bc I might have you pick me up a piece :)

Haley wrote:
Sorry, I missed this!

Its called One Source and its located on Elms Road in Swartz Creek. You can take US23 to Bristol road- which merges with Miller, stay on Miller and make a left on Elms and its on your left. The big 4x8 sheets are about 10.00 and you can get it in any color.I would takethe Hummer because the sheets are very large!

Oh and let me know if you go bc I might have you pick me up a piece :)
Thanks! I'll call you tomorrow if I go :]

Latest posts

Back