Just me and Jazz now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemonaxis

Reaction score
Well its just me and the little black mini lop now so far as buns go. Feels like I had a house full of pets a week or two ago and now its kinda quiet, still of course got my two cats, Henry and Amber and naturally baby Sophia and my two children keep me happily busy.
I used to spend an hour a day cleaning bunny stuff up but Jazz is actually kinda clean.

My foster bun Kruger the beautiful white rescue bun has found his forever home. This morning he was picked up by a breeder who is by my high standards a lovely lady and theres a good old fashioned time of fun for Kruger now as he is going to have a few new girlfriends to uh....well....get aquainted with ;)

Kruger had lived in his cage for 4 years before I found him and since then he has been boldly going where no bun has gone before!!!...INTO my vegetable patch!! but he was also adorably shy and sweet. He ended up with a clean bill of health from his vet checks but his eye remained blind. He seemed quiet happy otherwise.

I miss him even though I did everything I could not to get attached, it happened.

Not sure if I could be a foster Mum again as whats the point, I just want to keep them.

I am VERY nervous about bunnies now and keep wondering if Jazz is going to die, I watch her so carefully.
She is very healthy though, at her vaccinations, the vet said she was doing wonderfully well.

Jazz misses BK.
We all miss BK, can't stop crying sometimes, keep thinking he is going to come bumbling around the corner. Its kinda surreal that he has gone. So hard to believe.

Jazz needs to be well looked after. She deserves a wonderful home.

Something funny...when Kruger went to the vets, she said he was SO MOST DEFINATELY!!! a boy and I am so glad he will not be neutered and can really make the most of his life. Having never seen an unneutered male, I was so DUMB, I'm like....oh whats that on his tummy!??? Holy, those aren't his male bits are they, holy those are HUGE. One well endowed little bun. Would have been a shame to remove such fine specimens...lol

I will go visit him every so often.

Have pics to post soon.

I never thought I could foster but I've done it a few times over the pastseveral months. I know where all my fosters went. I've in contact with one so far. I asked about another foster just to see if he is happy.

It is rewarding to see how well they are doing in their forever homes.

I can only imagine the heartache you have knowing he is gone. He was definitely a special little guy. I know you all miss him and I wish I had something to help your pain :(

Kruger sounds so cute! LOL @ the fine specimens!

Jazz needs extra attention since BK is gone. I know it's hard to think about but maybe you could help another bunny that needs a loving home. Jazz would have a friend and you would be honoring the memory of BK by saving another. It's something to think about at least.

I know I can't foster for any length of time. I wouldn't let them leave! LOL!

Give the kids an extra hug from me and the animals an extra stroke. :hug:

I have been thinking about how lonely Jazz might get, she does seem to "look" for BK, sniffing around his bed and sitting in his litter box. Its terribly sad to see and usually gets me crying all over again. poor little bun, I hate to see her lonely. However I do see her playing sometimes.

this mornign she woke me up, she had somehow managed to get a plastic bag out the cupboard and was chasing it, mouthing it, walking into it and rustling it. She looked happy and young.

she is a beautiful rabbit, does not liked to be picked up so I just reach out and rub her face and ears, she tolerated it for a few seconds.

She was BK's lady and BK was my little friend who I adored with all my heart.
Now its us and I am just not ready for a another bun because I want to make sure Jazzy stays in peak condition and is super healthy.

Maybe there will be another one, maybe not, not a decision for me to make right now as all I can think about is Jazzy's well being and missing BK.

Oh dear BK, its just not the same without your silly little antics, following me around and grunting. Jazz adored him, always grooming him and snuggling under him, she even just walked over and kissed him sometimes. So sweet, Jazz just has to hang on for a bit more while I try accomodate this huge change in our house.

I even thought of rehousing her to make sure she got the life she deserved but that was during my clearly less sane moments as she does seem happy and I am not the inexperienced and clueless rabbit Mum that perhaps I once was a couple of years ago or so.

I do want to sponsor a bunny in Bk's name, maybe from Sabrina's House or something.

It sounds like you have things in some order and Jazz definitely needs you. Sounds like she's finding entertainment for herself LOL! I can see her and the bag! Mine have paperbags that they drag and pounce and chew and eventually go into! We learned we have to rip the paper handles since both bo and tony got their heads stuck in them and they ended up being chased by bag monsters!!! :shock:;)

How long have you had Jazz?

Latest posts

Back