diet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spankysmom

Reaction score
12 miles s. o san francisco, California, USA
hi; i love my bunny! he is a (city) free rangebunny in my 2br. apt. so weight has never been an issue for him. anyweb links about lapin diet?? what about those dried corn on the cobs??i let him chew on one for awhile every couple days-somebody told me noway! indigestable! i though corn was supposed to be like 'the broom'for the intestine. huh? thanks,spankysmom

Greetings SpankysMom,

Corn is hard for rabbits to digest as well as can cause intestinalupset: fresh or dried.It shouldonly begiven in moderation, as with all treats. The best'broom' for your rabbit's system is Timothy Hay.

You might find the following list helpful.http://earthhome.tripod.com/saferab.html

-Carolyn

carolyn, i have a question in regardto this...what about popcorn?? my mom got batman these little driedindian corn cobs that can be put in the mike to make popcorn. i didntthink itd be a problem, but you know how those little pieces of kernelare on the popcorn? do you think thatd beokay?:p

Hi BatBunny :)

It's not going to do any damage, you just want to keep it in moderation. :)

-Carolyn

I have gotten those little cobsfor Oreoa few times, she goes bonkers over them! I even used it to bribe herback into her cage on occasion *whistles innocently* We neverpopped it tho, she seemed to enjoy pulling the kernals off the cob:)

Hopefully batman will like them as well :D

~pam

thanks!! haha...well i didnt want togive him the whole corn cob because of the digestive thing. but ipopped it for him & he loved it...it tastes just like normalpopcorn without salt/butter (yes, i tried it:p)

BatBunny,

You're too funny!! You had to make sure of what your little one was eating, so you tasted it yourself.

If that isn't Pure Love, I don't know what is. :dude:

Since Pamela227 and you say your little ones get such a kick out of them, I'm going to have to get 'em for Tucker.

(Tucker's running so fast right now, his back feet Almost make it pasthis head. That agility and speed rabbits have is unbelieveable.)

-Carolyn

hehehe-thats right!andtoday, i licked my arm to see if its salty. it wasnt (at least not tomy unrefined human tongue)...he loves me-he really lovesme!!:p lol-he knows youre getting him somepoppity-popcorn! i wish i could run that fast-i wouldnt need acar!!

*laughs*

With these gasoline prices, can you imagine the money you'd save?!

I think his kisses are for Love. That's just my opinion from what I'veread and experienced. Take what you like and leave the rest.

You licked your arm? *laughs* One thing's for sure, you'll go through everything with Batbunny--together.

-Carolyn

Batbunny,

We're gonna have to watch you in case you ever have to give BatBunnyear or fur mite medication! :shock: You'll be tastin that too to makesure that if he licks it, you'll know how it'll taste.

-Carolyn

*Bursting out Laughing!*

You Would!

-Carolyn

*Laughs!*

Ya Think???

You're a Gem. What a treasure we have in you!

-Carolyn

Sure, why not-

We let our bunnies lick us right? and then kiss em right back...so why not try their med's

(hmm, although I cant say I have done that) *grin grin*

Latest posts

Back