I have a question on my pregnant bunny Y

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hia! I'm new here...but I'm definitly not a newrabbit owner. I have four of my own, and one is pregnant. Today markedher 28th day of her pregnancy, so I should be looking out forbabies...but I'm a little concerned. I've put a nesting box in there, Iput it in her cage a little early, but I don't think that reallymatters. Anyhow, I've given her plenty of hay, and I even shredded somewhite printer paper. But she still hasn't made a nest or plucked outany fur, and today was the 28th day...shouldn't she be starting topluck fur?? She is a Dwarf Mix, so her litter could be small, and shemight give birth a little late, but is this normal for her to wait solong to pluck fur?? I am almost certain that she is pregnant becuaseshe is a little fatter, has been eating more and when I put the hay inher cage, she stuffs it in her mouth and goes into her nesting box. Butinstead of making a nest with it, she sits in there and eats it all.She has dug a hole in the wood chips that I put in her box. I'm notsure if it's normal for her to wait so long...this is my first litterand her's, so I'm not too familiar with rabbit's pregnancy. So if youcould please help me, please email me-[email protected]Thanks!! ;)

**Amanda**

Some does wait until the very last minute beforepulling fur (if any) to line the nest. Each doe is uniquelydifferent in her behavior, just like humans : )

Pam

Hi ILoveRabbits856,

I've read that the gestation period is from 28-34 days for a rabbit, with most litters being born closer to the 31st day.

-Carolyn

P.S. Your Avatar's really cute! Good luck and keep us posted.

Molly had her babies!!! Today, the 29th was her31st day! I went out to check on her and to let the dogs out, and therewas tons of fur in her nesting box. Then I moved the fur around andthere were three little babies! They are adorable! One is allwhite/pink, another is all black and the third is white/pink withlittle black ears, black around its eyes and tiny tiny black spots.They are sooo sooo cute! It's werid becuase yesterday, she still hadn'tmade her nest, and I had felt her stomach and I didnt feel anything,and then I woke up this morning and there was a nesting box full of furwith three baby bunnies in it. Well if you want to see pictures ofthem, go tohttp://www.freewebs.com/rabbitsandbunnies/there arent many pictures on there yet, but I'll get some up soon. Wellif anyone knows how to tell if the mother isn't feeding the babies,please tell me, becuase I want to make sure that Molly feeds herbabies. Well I have to go!! Cya

**Amanda**

Latest posts

Back