Disaster

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberts_rabbits_2008

Reaction score
Well went outside this morning and saw that my woamle lops were together and looked one over and noticed that my littleDutchess was dead. Here i thought that she could not havebabbies as I tried breeding her before but after i took her out i sawthat there was hair in the corner and moved a dish from in front of itand she had had a baby but the back was ripped open and it was dead soi'm assuming that she woulda had more. If the baby would havelived it could have been fostered but nope. I'm beleivingthat she must have had complicatins as this was her first time havingany babies. So now I put the one male back in his cage and the other inthe excercise run i put a board on top and made it so that It will workfor now and then I will have to see about a wire cage if i can find aplace for 2 of them otherwise I have to get rid of at least one of thembecause this isn't the first time this happened but this time there wasa lil blood.
IMAG0019.jpg

Thats my little girl that past away.

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

These are the two that fought.

Those darn lops.

Robert

I'm so sorry.....:(.....your not alone, the samething happened to me and my mom when we werebreeding hollandlops. I remember we looked the next morning in the cage and wesawour holland lop, Blossom, just lying on the floor of thecage dead. But there were three kits alive, so we brang them to thehuman society so that they could look after the kits. Thekitsbecame strong and healthy and were soon sold to peoplewho were looking for holland lops. The pic below is of Blossom thatpassed away. I miss herdearly.

Cassandra

Hi Robert,

sorry to hear of the loss. I am not quite following your post. Are yousaying that the two Does and Buck were housed in the same cage? Thatcould definitely be part of the problem. Each Rabbit [unless they areSpayed Or Neutered] should be housed in it's own cage. Especially a Doewho is about to kindle. Also, I couldn't help but notice that yourcages are made with Chicken wire. I would replace that with Rabbit wire[# 14 or 16] Rabbits can easily chew their way out of chicken wire.Just a suggestion which might keep a rabbit ot two from making anescape. Perhaps you can rebreed your other Doe to your Buck.

Dennis,C.V.R.

No i had a buck and the doe together and then abuck next to them and it broke the wire the female got to the otherside and that is where she had the baby but she was alone.The other doe i have isn't a lop. If you look in the Yaybabbies have arrived she is posted but i think that i am going to haveto get rid of one of my male lops. :?. Unless my dad will let me gettwo wire cages and hang them in the garage so that they will both havethere own cages.

Robert

I'm truly sorryRobert. It's tough to find a pet like that. It's always hardto lose one but it seems like such a shock when it catches you bysurprise like that. I hope you are able to get things sortedout so that you and your Dad are both happy and things go smoothly fromhere on out.

Well we figured out that we are going to have toget rid of the one male lop of ours and just keep the other one and gethim a cage by himself but we don't have room for any others as we livein town. Robert

Sorry about your loss. Too sad. I hope you can find a good home for the bunny you dont have room for.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back