Hutch Stain

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFrench

Reaction score
Our bunnies go to 4-H the end of the week a fewof the white ones have a mild trace of hutch stain or urin stain anyideas of how to get it off?

ALSO one of the rabbitsis blowing it's coat (I think) largeamounts of fur is coming out and in places it looks like itis a bit bald then other places hair is growing back in normally, isthis normal?

CFrench wrote:
Ourbunnies go to 4-H the end of the week a few of the white ones have amild trace of hutch stain or urin stain any ideas of how to get it off?

ALSO one of the rabbitsis blowing it's coat (I think) largeamounts of fur is coming out and in places it looks like itis a bit bald then other places hair is growing back in normally, isthis normal?

Hi CFrench,

I know I'm taking a resk doing this, but here goes nothin!

The best thing to use to clean a White Rabbit [IMPO] is a mix [50/50]of white Vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Dampen the area to becleaned and then rub Cornstarch into the area till it is theconsistancy of tooth-paste. Let dry and then brush out. For stubbornstains you may have to repeat the process a few times. This will eventake out Tattoo Ink.

About the Blown coat? Heh Heh, that is the norm. Is seems thet justabout everytime you plan to show your rabbit, they go into Molt about aweek before the show date. Fear not because it's quite possible thatALL the other rabbits are in the same boat. If you had more time [youstill could try it] I'd suggest giving a bit of hot-feed [Black oilSunflower seeds or corn etc.] you have to do this with caution. Youwant to speed up the Molt but not throw your rabbit into another one.

I hope this helps.

Dennis,C.V.R.

Thanks I do appreciate that. Yes the rabbit thatis molting looks as if he has a highway on his back...So I think thathe may have to stay out of the fair.

No, you could take him anyway. We always did. All the others looked the same when we got there. lolol

He won't do as well probably but I always figured it was just fun to have them there.

Unless you have another choice of bunny?

Rose

P.S. Dennis, what's the bunny in your pic? Another Red Satin? Really awesome.

Hi Rose,

yes that bunny is a Red Satin. It is still in with it's Dam and Brotherans Sisters. There were only for but they look ver promising. I havebig hopes for them of being the begining of my Red satin herd. I have afew red kits that were born today in another litter. Thanksfor asking. Are you interested in any?

Dennis,C.V.R.

Below is the sister:

That's very helpful information, Dennis. Thank you.

I'm very interested in those beauties, but unfortunately, space doesn't provide.

Congratulations on the new litter! :)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back