Thats it I'm fed up

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krissa

Reaction score
I currenly buy timothy hay at the grocery storein little bags, and its expensive. I know some of you buy it by thebale and its much cheaper. The problem is that all the farmers aroundme only have alfalfa hay. So, does anyone know a farmer who works withTimothy hay inthe Cincinnati Tri-State area? I can go intoeastern Kentucky even because I travel there often.

I'm willing to also have hay shipped from a farmer, but I would want areccomendation from one of you for the farmer. I don't want to end upwith nasty hay through the mail.:shock:

I know! There's some onlinelistings here that you could try. I found someone near methat I'm going to call once my Oxbow starts running low.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12059&forum_id=17

Or order from a place like Oxbow, Bunny Bales, Farmer Dave,etconline, and in bulk. I buy 50 lb boxes of Oxbowtimothy and even with shipping it costs about $1 per pound instead ofthe $3 or so from the smaller packages.

I bought a bale of timothy hay from an Agwaydealer. It was about $7 or $8. A bale seems liketoo much for the two bunnies that I have but it made more sense to meto buy it this way even if it goes bad before the bale is gone becausethat's lessthan I would pay for one of those larger plasticbags from the pet store!

I searched on Agway.com for Cincinnati and the closest one is inFlorence, KY or Alexandria, KY. |I'm not familiar with thatarea of the country so I don't know if this is helpful or not!

--Karen

I used to buy a grocery bag sized thing of hayfrom the pet store once a week for $5, and today I went out and boughta hay bale. It was $9 and when I pulled it apart it filled two HUGEgarbage bags (like 4 foot high and almost as wide), three medium sizedcardboard boxes and 10 grocery bags. I have no idea where I'm going tokeep it, I might sell some otherwise it'll probably go rotten before Ican use it all.

I think I'm going to try ordering the 50# from Oxbow....as naturesteesays, it works out to about $1 a pound.
Right now I'm paying over $2 a pound for Kaytee.

~Jim

Latest posts

Back