Boycott petco.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raph 54,

No, doubt, but they do have an "agenda" and some have claimed to beunjustly accused by members of the organization. Now, if youwere to post something you actually saw, and I had some priorknowledge of your credibility, reliabilityand character, Iwould be more prone to put stock in your comments than from "some"source as reported inan admittedly biased organization'swebsite.

On a political spectrum, PETA would be to the right of ALF(AnimalLIberation Front), which advocates violence in the name of animalrights, and equates animal life with that of humans.

I get nervous about any organization that implies it HAS all theanswers and I SHOULD follow its precepts without question, especiallyif that attitude is followed up with requests for my donation,forthwith. There are a couple of such rabbit orientedorganizations that I am very wary about.

I prefer an organization that says, "Here we are. This iswhat we do. Join us, if you like, or check out the otherguys. Here's their address." That is why, althoughI have never bred, or shown a rabbit, nor intend to, I chose to put mymoney where my mouth was and affiliated with ARBA for a long termmembership.

I was impressed with its general openmindedness to all forms of rabbitfancying and the fact that on its website it used to providelinksto another rabbit organization that wasdiametrically opposed to ARBA; whereas, that other organization did nothave the confidence to reciprocate.

Buck

Totally agree with you there, Buck. Well put.

~M

Buck Jones wrote:
Iget nervous about any organization that implies it HAS all the answersand I SHOULD follow its precepts without question, especially if thatattitude is followed up with requests for my donation,forthwith. There are a couple of such rabbit orientedorganizations that I am very wary about.

Buck
I agree Buck. Like I said before, I'm sure there are abusesthat take place. It's horrible and disgusting. I just don'tknow if we should condemn a whole company for what we read from onesource.

The whole petstore issue is a tough one. It's so dreadful that animalsare sold at these stores. My heart breaks when I walk into our local"Today's Pet" and see caged puppies, allowed barely enough room to turnaround, kittens and ferrets on display in the window and baby bunniesin an aquarium snuggling and cowering. Then you hear about how youshould never buy pets from a petstore. You should adopt a pet from theshelters. So many of the pets in the petstores are on a journey to theshelters too. I bought both of my rabbits from Today's Pet, because Iwanted to cut out the shelter middle man I suppose. Pets are alreadyliving at the petstores and at shelters and with breeders. Which groupis the one, those of uswho want to save the animals shouldshun?

If we stop shopping at Petco, then who will register complaints aboutthe animals who are being mistreated? We're all disgusted, but do wejust let the rabbit with the eye infection stay at the store to avoidsupporting them, or do we rescue it?

Latest posts

Back