rabbit death

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrots

Reaction score
My black lop Flick has died. He had an infectionon his lip which the vet looked at and gave us some drops. The worstthing is he was meant to go to the vets tonight, if he had just held onalittle longer. He was such a lovely rabbit he used to chase the catsround the room, spring in the air....... he was such a funny lovablerabbit.

I still have two other rabbits, A black and white dutch (Patch) and alion headed netherland dwarf (Poppy). Patch lives outdoors and Poppyindoors. I always thought Patch would die first as he is about twoyears older than Flick was, oh well i suppose thats how things go.

I do not have a garden therefor cannot burry him in the garden so iwill have to take him to the vets so they can cremate him. I hate thisidea but there is no mother way.

Carrots :(

I'm so so sorry, Carrots.

How devastating forhim to have passed so quickly. My heart goes out to you.

-Carolyn

Yes, Carrots, but that fact doesn't make it anyeasier to accept when the time comes. I'll be thinking aboutyou a lot today.

If you're not familiar with the Rainbow Bridge poem, you might wish toread it now. Hopefully it will bring you somecomfort.http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

-Carolyn

(((carrots))) I'm so, sosorry. I've been where you are. I lost my Angelover a year ago. It's so hard, but hang in there.My thoughts are with you.

Carolyn- Thank You for the link, the poem was wounderful. What a beautiful website.

Lissa- Thank You for your comments.

My mum don't even know he is dead yet, she was meant to be taking himto the vets tonight. At the moment he is laid in his cage. I just haveto wait untill mum comes back to take him to the vets then he can restin peace.

Carrots

Oh Gosh, Lissa, that's even worse. You Poor Thing!!

-Carolyn

So sorry about Flick, I really feel for you. Weget so attatched to our little friends, it hurts like crazy when theygo. I sometimes think I should have got a tortoise orsomething like that that lives longer than we do. How areyour other 2 buns coping with Flicks death? I know it sounds bad, butthey cope better if they see their friends body, rather than him justdisappear, and them waiting for him to return. Thinking of you

Jan

Oh, Carrots. So sorry. * huge hug *

I bumped up this site's Rainbow Bridgememorial so that you can add Flick's names to the ones of our deardeparted buns.

My heart truly goes out to you.

LuvaBun- Thank You for your comments. The otherrabbits saw his dead body, Patch and Flick did not get on so well butmy little Poppy liked him.

Delphinum- Thank you, your hug was recieved gratefully.

BunnyMommy- Yet again another thank you and another hug recieved.

Things are hard i'm having trouble with my dad at the moment it's allgetting abit too much. It's hard to smile but i'm trying my best.

I'd like to thank you all, you are all so supportive and friendly. Idon't get a chance to come on her that often but when i am here i'malways so warmly welcomed.

Carrots;)

A big hug for you Carrots. I'm so sorry. They come and go so fast, and we love them so dearly. My heart goes out to you.

Latest posts

Back