Hey guys!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess5634

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just thought you maylike to know that my family and I bought a new rabbitin placeof the deceased bun Freckles. Shes a black and whiteholland lop female thats 7 weeksold. We are absolutely thrilled to have her and hope to havebetter luck. :DWe bought " Scribbles "from a rabbit breeder this time and got a lot of useful information onbetter rabbit care, and better food to give her ( oxbow timothy hay,bunny basics feed, Papaya tablets ) Thanks to allfor you're help and tips on how to prevent death at a young age.Pictures might come soon. Hope all your rabbits ( and you! ) are ingood health.

:pJess

--- By the way i never knew papaya/pineapple tablets smelled so delightful!!

How cute! -- I once had a rabbit named "Scribbles"!

Could you please keep in mind that the light colored fonts are verydifficult to read? Black on a white background is easiest toread, especially for those of use who don't have the greatest eyesight.

Pam

CONGRATULATIONS!! Look forward to the stories of Scribbles.

-Carolyn

Until recently i never heard of papaya tablets. Is this something i should be giving my bunny?? Just wondering.

Cristy

One of the things dried papaya helps do is clean out the system of any left-behind fur that the hay may have missed.

I've always given my rabbits unlimited Timothy Hay, but undoubtedly,the dried papaya always leaves 'stringers' (poop attached with hair) inthe cage. It's a good sign because it shows you that thepapaya helped get the hair that escaped the hay.

I do like giving it to my rabbits every now and then and have yet to find a time when it hasn't left a stringer behind.

-Carolyn

Carolyn, can yourecommend a brand of papaya tablets? I think that I'll get abottle for my "baby". I use pineapple occasionally anddefinitely keep a constant supply of Timothy hay available for him, butI think that it would be great to have an alternative now andthen. :)

I used the dried papaya, BunnyMommy.You can get it at a grocery store or a health food store.I've never used the pills.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back