white and clear fluids

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lissa wrote:
Ihave her on timothy hay and alfalfa pellets. I mixed sometimothy pellets into her alfalfa pellets over my lunch hour.I hope that's okay. Maybe I can just keep mixing the twountil she's 6 months??

You'll have to carefully monitor her body condition andweight. Wooled breeds require a little more protein andcalories in their diet, especially when growing in a thick, wooledcoat. Very thick, long coats require more energy to maintainthan a short, thin coat.

Pam

Pam, what would you suggest that Ido? Should I keep giving her all alfalfa?Is it healthy for her pee to be white?

Since she's getting the alfalfa pellets, so Iwouldn't give alfalfa hay because she doesn't appear to have anextremely long, thick coat. Some wooled breeders feed an 18%or "wool breed" feed to their angoras. Most Jersey Wooliesdon't have coats as dense as the angoras.

Pam

All rabbits excrete excess calcium in theirurine -- it's often other health problems (age, illness, etc.) thatresult in the body not being able to properly metabolize and eliminatethe extra calcium, which can lead to bladder sludge/stones.

She's still young, so it's not a major concern at this age.

Pam

Okay. So I shouldn't change anythingin her diet, right? Keep her on the alfalfapellets? She's 5 months old and 3 lbs 10 oz. That'sa pretty good weight for her breed.

I'd stick with what's working if she appears tobe in good health and not overweight. Bladder sludge is moreoften an issue in geriatric rabbits.

Pam

Latest posts

Back