outdoor rabbitrys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepers

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone on here keeps therebunnys in a rabbitry and if they do would you have pictures of yoursetup.I am trying to get some new ideas for my rabbitry.Thanks.:)

Hi Jeepers,

You might ask the same question at the Rabbit Web forum.? There are anumber of breeders on that site?that have all types of rabbitries:large and small.?

http://rabbit.lyrical.net

Good luck!

-Carolyn

Looks like bunnyheaven to me. :) I always wanted tons and tons of rabbits when I wasyounger. I'm happy with just my Elf, though. How do you find the timeto give them all attention?

Elf Mommy wrote:
Looks like bunny heaven to me.:) I always wanted tons and tons of rabbits when I was younger. I'mhappy with just my Elf, though. How do you find the time to give themall attention?

The rabbitry is set up for our comfort as well as the rabbits, so itmakes it an enjoyable environment to go out and play with bunnies:) As for regular grooming, such ascutting nails, I divide the rabbitry into thirds and do 50 at a time(that's a lot of toenails!).

The rabbitry is also set up for quick cleaning, feeding and watering, which allows more "fun bunn time".

Pam

Do you clean byslipping the trays out? Or is there some other modification you've madeto make it easier?

Oh...and when can I come visit to play with the buns? :phehe

bunny_balancing_carrot_lg_clr.gif

Elf Mommy wrote:
Do you clean by slipping thetrays out? Or is there some other modification you've made to make iteasier?

Oh...and when can I come visit to play with the buns? :phehe

Yes -- we have stacking cages with pans. 50 cages are cleanedper day (so every cage is cleaned every 3 days). It takesapprox. 20 minutes a day for cage cleaning. We slip the pansout, dump them into the wheelbarrow and put new pine shavings in.

Visitors are welcome :)

Pam

Our rabbitry is in an old school bus, one of theshort ones, and tall, for older kids. We have the cages alongeach side of the aisle. All have drop pans, some arestacked. We have about 38 holes out there and two cages in myson's room. I don't use shavings, but clean pans out once aweek. I stack about 8 pans at the back door, and empty themone at a time onto our pile. Then the pans are hosed down andreplaced. I clean the cages themselves about once every twoweeks as most use the same corner, so cleaning is not thatbad. I have all the windows open in the summer, with screenson the outside. The back door also is a screendoor. Haven't figured out how to screen the front dooryet. We have a large box fan mounted behind the driver's seatand a standing ocillating one at the back. If it is reallyhot, I have another box fan I put on the floor in the front.They keep the air moving. In winter, I have two smallocillating heaters in the front and back and it usually keeps it abovefreezing. Any litters born in winter are in the top cages andI put a silver domed shop light over the nest box which works well tokeep them warm and toasty.

It works out well, the flies aren't too bad. This springhowever, we have developed a mouse problem. I have found themin the pans. I am feeding crimped oats now and I think thatis waht has attracted them and we never had the problem before westarted feeding the oats. Will have to set a bunch of traps,but it may be a never ending battle. We also have a chickenwho lives in the bus with the buns. My son's pet leghornLucky. She has been laying her egg up in the front placewhere the sign used to be, since before we had any buns in there, soshe sleeps in there, still laying heregg. Donna and Danny

We have part of our bunnies outside.the dutchlive outside and i have a shed for growing juniors headed to thefair.Actually its my husbands tractor shed with wire cages hunginside.sorry i dont have pictures.bluebird

Latest posts

Back