Happy 4th!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamnock

Reaction score
Just want to wish everyone an enjoyable and safe weekend! I'll be spending the weekendcatching up on rabbitshow reports and working on our club's newsletter.

Remember to take a moment to remember how lucky we are tolivein a free country. . .

We just received a letter from my brother in Baghdad today.He sent a bunch of Iraq currency for the kids featuring the portrait of Saddam. Matthew (5) wanted to know why a country would put the picture of such a bad man on their money :X

Pam

AMEN! To both of those posts.

Whenever I send snail mail of any kind, I write "GodBless America" on the back of the envelope. No matter what,we still live in the greatest country on earch!

yay!! We just had Canada Day but I don't think anyone mentioned it hahha oh well.

Happy 4th of July!

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
We just had Canada Day but I don't think anyone mentioned it hah ha oh well.

Michelle,

Canada Day had two posts about it and I replied to each. (Three all together if you include my mention of it in Cher's post, 'Canada HO!')

You probably don't remember because you had responded in one saying you went to a car show and got burnt.

Thanks for the well wishes. We'll take it!

:dude:

-Carolyn

Just wanted to say to all the Americans Happy 4th July!:p:p

Hope you all have a great weekend. What kind of celebrations do you usually have?

If it falls on a week day, do you get a day off work?

Thanks Foofy!

We have parades, fireworks, families spend quality time together, you see American flags flying everywhere. Each town has their red, white,and blue decorations out around here, and every block in town in my area has the Stars and Stripes waving. It's a beautiful thing.

If it falls on a weekday, it's a National Holiday, so banks, postal service, etc. all closed. Supermarkets most likely will be closed or open in shortened hours.

This year, it falls on a Sunday, so my job gave us 1/2 day off on Friday and all of Monday off in celebration of our Country's Independence.

Thank you for your kind wishes. We love England!

-Carolyn

ah yes now I remember, sorry I've been so stressed lately, I move on Wednesday!

Anyway, People aren't into Patroitism so much around here...we had fireworks and the grass caught fire, thats about it lol.

HOT &$# I was soo excited to NOT see a post on Happy 4th of July when I came on today, since I am a day ahead of almost everyone~that I posted one!

so now I hang my head in shame due my over eagerness...awwwwww

So with that in mind......

Cher

Carolyn

Sure sounds like you all have a good time!:pHope everyone has a lovely day today:p

Wish we had something similar in England, we do have St Georges day but it is not really celebrated much and is not a national holiday (shame)!

Best wishes to you all in the US.

Dear Cher, Foofy, Vickie, and Michelle,

The four of you have really touched my heart.

You all have an amazing amount of love and thoughtfulness to wish us a happy holiday not even being from this Country. I truly respect and appreciate the maturity and kindness you've extended in these well wishes.

THANK YOU so much for being who you are.

-Carolyn

Awwwwwww yes happy 4th of July! I do have to say my bun is holding up rather well with all the fireworks going off around here as for my dogs lol thats another story...i did see on the news if your pets are FREAK edoutlike mine to all the booming to leave a radio on to drown out the fireworks...it has worked so far....Owell have a safe holiday everyone! I hope to see everyone back here on Monday....

When I was outside doing chores last night, I noticed fireworks lighting the sky in all directions around myplace. The lightning bugs were putting in their two cents worth, also. If the mosquitoes hadn't been so bad, I would have stayed outside a bit longer and enjoyed the show!

Hope everyone has a safe & happy 4th, and remembers why we celebrate this holiday.

God Bless America!

- Dolores

Question: I'm not all that familiar with American History...why DO you celebrate it? I know Canada Day is the anniversary of when Canada became a country. (I think thats why anyway haha) Is it the same for the US ?? Or is it more of a Freedom thing?

Michelle,

On July 4, 1776, the Continental Congress in Philadelphia declared the thirteen American colonies (now 50 states) independent and separate from Britain.

Our Declaration of Independence proclaimed as truths that 'all men a recreated equal' and are endowed 'with certain inaliable rights', among which 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' are paramount.

An thus was born our Independence and Freedom as a Nation.

-Carolyn

You go America!!!!

Thank You everyone who has served in the war on terrorism.

Happy fourth of july! (why do you celebrate it anyway?) Although i have never been 2 America i did have an American primary schoolteacher when i was 6 and she was one of the best teachers i ever had. I loved learning about the Indians.

Luvin ya

loz

pamnock wrote:
We just received a letter from my brother in Baghdad today. He sent a bunch of Iraq currency for the kids featuring the portrait of Saddam. Matthew (5) wanted to know why a country would putthe picture of such a bad man on their money :X

Hi ya Pam, when you have someone you know and love actually out there it brings it home really hard.

Happy hols to you all and especially to those that have loved ones that are actually doing what needs to be done.

Best wishes

Bob

Latest posts

Back