Happy Easter!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score

It's Rabbit Day!!

:)

Happy Easter, Everyone!

Make sure you take a bite out of the right bunny--candy only.

I was up 1/2 the night with all the noise Tucker and that Easter Bunny were making romping around this place.

Happy Easter to you also Carolyn,

I'm getting ready to head over to my friend's house to take care ofher Angoras and be sure they all get special Easter parsley today :)

Then home for a quiet ham dinner in my 1/2 renovated kitchen.

And will spending the rest of the day doing lesson plans.

Currently in the doghouse for not going to Easter services, but amstill feeling rather ill from the jelly bean sugar hangover : (

Hope everyone has a peaceful day and a joyful start to spring!

Pam

I'm struggling with going to Easter Services today too, Pam. I'm sonice and comfy and it's overcast and going to rain outside.

Other than going to church for the right reasons, this is the first daythat I'm allowing myself to use my new bunny purse! It's a Timmy Wood'spurse that is hand carved wood in the shape of a 'brown' rabbit. It'sthe cutest thing I think I've ever treated myself too. Absolutelygorgeous and of course, I'd be a hit going into church with all thelittle ones when they see 'that lady with the bunny pocketbook!'.

I think my priorities are a little mixed up at this time.
;)

You have quite the full day...again! You're like Helen, Buck's wife, "The Energizer Bunny"...you never stop!

-Carolyn

Happy Easter Guys!!!

I'm giving my bunny a nice brushing and stuff so she can be all pretty when my family comes over! I'm putting a bow on her lol.

I promise I won't accidentally bite the wrong rabbit!! ;)

Have a Good Easter!!

Awww Michelle! Megan's going to be so adorable! Take some pictures ofher with that little bow on and post it if you can. I'd love to seethat!

-Carolyn

Happy Easter to you, too, ladies. We'regoing out to have an early Easter dinner at a Russian restaurant in anearby Russian enclave, because their Easter is celebrated nextweek(!), therefore there will be no throngs of Easter dinner patronscrowding up the place.

We took an elderly friend of ours, who is often with us on holidaysbecause she is alone, who was enthralled with the exoticness of theplace and menu. Prices are downright cheap, not inexpensive,cheap! It is incredible, but we do go for the uniqueness of theexperience.

Prior to that we are going to attempt to "sneak" our Missy rabbit on tothe boardwalk(no pets allowed) with her spring straw bonnet to see ifshe can garner some attention from passersby and maybe a photo-op fromthe press people we know will be on hand. Had Maxwell beenstill with us, we would have included him with his little straw fedorahat. He was always a hit, no matter where we brought himbecause he was such a handsome rabbit with the most lovable disposition.

Upside, Missy gets some publicity for rabbits. Downside, weget an $100.00 fine for bringing a pet on the boardwalk, but one has tobe one mean police officer to give a ticket to a rabbit('s owner) onEaster Sunday. That's what were banking on.

Hope you recoup in time to enjoy the time with your family, Pam;and ,Carolyn, what a hit...to have a bunny purse on EasterSunday!

Buck

Happy Easter everyone! My rabbits are happilymunching on a special fruit and veggie mix I only give them on holidaysand would like to wish you all a good Easter.

[align=center]Sincerely,[/align]
[align=center]Laura, Mocha, and Spice[/align]

Happy easter carolyn n Pam n "My bunnyluvs me!"
I let Ebony run round the garden 4 ages 4 the first time today. sheloved it!! She was sprinting round and kicking out and spinning mid airit was so cute!
I hope you ve had a luvly rabbitty easter.
Lots n lots of luv lauren and ebony and fidget

You all are so much fun!! I love hearing that all the rabbits are out and about today, and getting lovely treats!

BuckJones, that's a hoot about Missy and her Easter Bonnet. Nothing iscuter than seeing those rabbits of yours adorned with their hats. Yourebel you! Breaking the law sneaking in Missy. Bless your Heart! Thechildren on the boardwalk won't ever forget it, and Missy's so sweet,she'll just soak up the attention and love.

-Carolyn

lol I'm planning on taking my bunnies for a walkaround the neighborhood, they love the attention and the younger kidslove meeting the little fellows, I'm a bit weary about taking Mocha outwith his bad biting habit lately, don't need any little kids withchunks missing! But Spice is perfectly content to get pats and not movearound at all or bite.

Hey! I'd love to take a picture of my Meg but sadly, my digital camera broke :(

But as soon as I get a real camera or another digital or maybe awebcam, I will for sure put bows on her again and take a picture!!

Carolyn -- you simply must post a photo of that bunny handbag!

I wish you could see my friend's English Angora babies -- in everycolor under the rainbow!! They are so adorable and so veryspoiled. They have tons of toys, climate control anda lighting systemthat simulates theoutdoor lighting (including dusk and dawn). Today was"goodies" day for them where they get parsley and little tinycarrots. The show rabbits also get Ivermectin on Sundays ather house, so I checked the dosage -- (remembering the incident withTuckers Ivermectin) -- It's the 1.87% paste, which I used for manyyears on my smaller breeds of rabbits (now using the 1%). So-- although I don't recommend the 1.87 for small pet breed rabbits, Idon't think Tucker was in any danger of an overdose, as Ivermectin doeshave a rather wide safety margin. How has his ear beenlooking?

Buck - we are all prepared to serve as character witnesses and bust youout of thejoint if it comes to that :cool: Rememberto look for the tiny hacksaw in the carrot cake!

My jellybean overdose is apparently a mild case of the flu :p

Pam

I want to get pictures of my bunnies for Easterbut I need my sisters digital camera. I want to get ones with them andEaster eggs but it's hard to make a bunny "pose." They say the bestpictures are the ones you're not trying to get, maybe that's why I canget some ok photos, I lay down for hours waiting for the right shots ofthem, and then only end up with a few good ones out of the whole rollof film!

My bunny usually sits still for the camera, shedoesn't know what it is, I think she's scared of it hah, so she doesn'tmove, so I shall try for sure to get some good shots of her when I canfind myself a camera!

LMAO! :DPamnock you crack me up! The tiny hack saw in the carrot cake, that's great. :)

lol, this just goes to show what my bunny thinksof himself and shows how much he loves me. :)I was sitting inhis run doing nothing but waiting forMocha to come up to me,and he comes running, hops into my lap and flops over, he's never donethis til now. After that he starts nudging me until I get the hint hewants to be pet and then basks in my attention, then try getting himoff your lap without him chewing off finger, apparently he didn't thinkit was time for me to stop petting him yet. lmao. He must think Easteris all about him and nothing else!

Missy didn't get a press photo op, butnor did we get a ticket. She did get a lot ofattention, oohs and ahhs, and , although there was no "petcategory" in the Easter Parade contest, she earned aconsolation prize of two tickets to the aquarium located on theboardwalk, to communicate with the fish and penguins, Ipresume. :)

Buck

Glad to hear Missy was able to avoid the coppers on the boardwalk -- enjoy the fishes!

I'm off to my friend's again to tuck the Angoras in for the night andplay with the torts. (Real, live tortoises!) Theyare rather intelligent and recognize my voice. My friend getsmad because I spoilher tortoises and give them treats:) It's also fun in the summer to go baby turtle hunting inmy friend's native turtle habitat. The little babies are socute!!!

Pam

Greetings Buck,

Guess the rule "Your looks'll get you no where" doesn't apply if you'reMissy. No one ever handed me two tickets for free! She truly is one ofa kind. That is too funny that you were awarded tickets to theaquarium. That'll be a fun outing! :cool: You can bet your bippy thatthe people that you greeted today are thinking tonight, "Wasn't itgreat to see that couple with the rabbit with the Easter Bonnet on herhead?!"

Good On Ya, Mate!

Hi Pamnock,

I have searched high and low on the net to find a picture of my RobertoRabbit. That's his name given by the company that made him, TimmyWoods. They only make so many and they retire the process. Roberto wasonly on sale for about a month before he was completely gone from allsites. I have been searching for 3 years for a cool rabbit purse, andthis By Far is The Best Ever. I'll have to resort to taking a pictureof it and posting it up. It's arcadia wood, handcarved, and it is inthe shape of a rabbit. Of course you couldn't put more in the pursethan a lipstick, keys, and one tissue, but it's all about The Look. Ifyou've never heard of Timmy Woods Handbags, check it out in the web.You'll get an idea of what I'm talking about, but I definitelydefinitely got the best purse they had. They have a Jack Russell!! :)They have a rabbit now called Henrietta Hare, but she's not nearly asdetailed and cool as Roberto. It was a small fortune, but when you seesomething you really love, you have to just go for it because when yougo back, it might not be there. And so I did, and BOY am I Thankful Idid! When we meet someday, I'll bring Roberto with me. :)

Tucker's ears are fine! He's been doing great. He's had extra treatstoday and he's getting a bite of banana at bedtime. One time he wasgobbling a banana down so fast, he stopped for a minute to open hismouth up and gag a little. I used to tell my niece and nephew that Idon't know if he's a rabbit or a pig, and when my nephew was 3 he said,"He's a RRRRRRRabbit!!"

The same child on Friday, who is going to be 6 years old next monthasked his father why they call it "Good Friday". My brother said"Because that's the day that Jesus was crucified and died." and Liamsaid, "And you call that Good?????"

Sorry for the diversion!

Hope you enjoyed the time with the tortoise. Hmmm...a tortoise andrabbits. Think there's a message in there somewhere? You know you're atroublemaker for giving treats, but I would too. It's like being anAunt. You're supposed to do that sort of stuff.

Turtles, especially tortoises, are quite smart and sensitive. That'scool that your friend's recognizes your voice. I know by watching someshows on them and one in particular where one guy spent his lifehelping ones that are sick. That was a fascinating story.

Thanks for the extra detail on the Ivermectin (sp?). I doubt I'd usethat without seeing a vet first. I know a lot of people do, but Tuckerbeing so small and all, I think I'll just check with a doc onmedications...other than the NutriCal. I'm sure many would call me awhimp and lining my vets pockets, but I'd feel safer. Especiallyfinding out that all Tucker's ear needed was a smidgen of Vitamin EOil.

Greetings M&SMom,

That story of your little one flopping on top of you is the ultimate intrust, play, and love. MyBunnyLovesMe has those types of things happenwith her little Megan and it's the cutest vision. Tucker will dig at myarm or leg if I stop petting him or it's time for me to cuddle him. Nottoo subtle, and you have to take it while you can get it because GodKnows it's always on their time. ;)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back