What kinda rabbit is this:

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
Can you please go to here. and tell me what kind of rabbit that is on the main page? I think that is the most adorable rabbit I have ever seen in my life (other than my 2 of course) hehe:D

unfortunately no - i checked. also, i have two other rabbits, Rice, which i know is a netherland dwarf, however I'm not sure what beans is. I think she may be a mini rex. Can you describe the characteristics of a mini rex? Thank you so much for your help!!

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
I'm not sure what beans is. I think she may be a mini rex. Can you describe the characteristics of a mini rex? Thank you so much for your help!!

The ideal Mini Rex is 3 to 4 1/2 pounds with a plush-like feel and appearance to their coat. The ideal Rex (also sometimes referred to as a Standard Rex) is 7 1/2 to 10 1/2 pounds with the same coat texture as the Mini Rex. (Mini Rex is onlya smaller version ofthe Rex).

Obviously, not all rabbits represent their ideal breed... but with Mini Rex and Rex - the fur is a MUST (there's no way around it with these breeds from a genetic standpoint).

Some pictures are located here: http://www.nmrrc.com/Varieties.htm

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
ok, judging by those pics, im guessing she definitly is amini rex - is there any breed that look really similar? or isthat pretty much it?
My best guess would be a mini lop or lop mix....as naturestee stated.

~Jim

ps: looks a bit like Carolyn's Fauna

ok, u know what - she looks like a mini rex but i don't think her fur is the same - its not thick at all and it looks a little bit longer as opposed to the short and thick fur that i see on mini rex (judging from the pics). darn i really want to know what her breed is but i cant post pics and my vet doesn't even know! he is a great vet and takes great care of my babies bu the doesn't know breeds - how can i find out? it really bothers me that i don't know what breed she is.....

This is the picture we're looking at....right?

Cover_bunny.jpg

It sure is cute!!!

As for the breed......I'm going to stick with mini lop or mini lop mix.

Definitely not rex (with fly back fur like that). I don't know of any lop earred rex's either :?....(dreams of the concept, though :love:)

JimD wrote:
I don't know of any lop eared rex's either :?....(dreams of the concept,though :love:)
He/She was referring to their other pet rabbit "Beans" when asking the characteristics of a Mini Rex... thinking that Beans may be a Mini Rex.

There is a Lop Eared, Rex Furred rabbit that has been presented to the ARBA and passed their 2nd of 3 showings to become a recognized breed. It's called the Velveteen Lop. They're basically a cross between an English Lop and a Mini Rex.Here's a picture of one from Karen Vail:
valentinooct05.jpg

and another link to Lotsa Lops Rabbitry website which has some more information on them:http://www.lotsalops.com/VelveteenLops.html

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
Thanks SunnieBunnie for clarifying, and the link.BTW - I am a woman - hence, i love Tego Calderon as should anywoman, hehe (he's a great reggaeton singer!!)
You're quite welcome... and I'm sorry, no wonder I didn't pick uponit...lol... I haven't listened to reggae in ages... been more of a Country Gal myself:cool:.

SunnieBunnie Rabbitry wrote:
JimD wrote:
I don't know of any lop eared rex's either :?....(dreams of the concept, though :love:)
He/She was referring to their other pet rabbit "Beans" when asking the characteristics of a Mini Rex... thinking that Beans may be a Mini Rex.

There is a Lop Eared, Rex Furred rabbit that has been presented to the ARBA and passed their 2nd of 3 showings to become a recognized breed. It's called the Velveteen Lop.
Us old guys get confused so easily, eh!?!?:embarrassed:

Now that you mentioned it SBR....I do remember somebody posting about the Veleteen lop. Wasn't there a Satin lop too....or am I just on another journey here :??

~Jim

Well here's what i'm gonna do - i'm gonna printout that pic and when i go to a shelter i'm gonna say "gimme a bun that looks like this" - then i'm also gonna take a pic of Beans and figure out some sort of way i can post it on here and then ask everyone since it seems like a daunting task without a pic. oh and sunniebunnie - not to get off topic but reggaeton is completely different from reggae. its spanish music for one. i find that when i play Tego Calderon CD's my bunnies seem to get more hyper and do more binkies and bunny 500s! very entertaining!

Latest posts

Back