Palomino Thread .

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am starting thisthread because with the Save thePalomino's going full steam ahead . Ithink its a good Idea to Have them all in one place forupdates andShow Winnings , rather than have them Splashed allover the Forum . This way Wecan Find and praise the Great jobs theOwners are doing all in one Place .

I will Get the Ball rolling with our Very Own Miss Tank !

She is not gaining fat weight but has improved onMuscle to fat ratio , fat is disapeaingand being replaced with heathy Muscle , her weightas of last night 9.06 lbs.

Tank.jpg

Notice the improvement in the rear Quaters, no sagging and noloose skin .

Tank2.jpg

Next We have the ever hiding Mr. Jynx , Istill havent gotten over the mix up ofhis Move to Pa.

jynx2.jpg

jynx3.jpg

Jynx.jpg

In the last Picture of Hyjynx , for somereason , when I look at it AllI can think of isThese Rabbits were named wrong ,Palomino's doesnt fit , reason:They have the more subtlefeatures of a Deer than ahorse .

Palomino Breeders and Owners If you have them Post them please !

Gypsy, eventhough I have no pals, Ithink it's great what you are doing. We have a lady in ourstate, who raises pals. She went to the ARBA convention, andplaced fairly well with hers, and while she was there she soldeight. And I think most of them went to the east coast.

holland wrote:
Gypsy, eventhough I have no pals, I think it'sgreat what you are doing. We have a lady in our state, whoraises pals. She went to the ARBA convention, and placedfairly well with hers, and while she was there she soldeight. And I think most of them went to the eastcoast.

Awesome News Holland, Thank You so Muchfor posting that!! I amso glad she did well, Maybe with more Exposure thePals will do well in every State. The more we can get out therethe better ! Also If at all Possible You couldInvite her to Join our Forum , the more PalBreeders the better information can getout there.

My next project , while continuing withthe Pals , is the Silver Fox ,I Have and Awesome start with 2 Does anda Buck . but more on that in a different time .

I just noticed I probly should have croppedthe pictures , but all in all Ithink it shows how bomb proof somerabbits can be , My Husband and hisFriend were working in front ofthe round pen all day doing various projects, Not one of the 6 Rabbitsrounded yesterday even gave them a secondglance , well unless it was to show off and beg forattention .lol .

Ok this is going to sound reallyweird. Is their any work with Artificial Insemination in therabbit world ?

Just think about the possibilities if there were- you could increase you gean pool very easily.

In some countries, AI is used extensively inrabbits. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more in the USshow world. There would be quite a bit of money to be madeselling the sperm from ARBA breed winners!

Pam

I have beenthinking about the AIfactor and I may be wrongbut I have to wonder If withBreeds where the Gene pool is alreadylimited it may have the sameeffect as too closely breeding , whichmost are trying to avoid .

Silver Fox have a more limited Gene Poolthan the Palomino's do right now , I dontbelieve AI could be effectiveunless it was to come from a different Country andimported in which may interfere withViability . Pam is this correct what I amthinking ? I am not sure I saidit right even .

gypsy wrote:
Silver Fox have a more limited Gene Poolthan the Palomino's do right now , I dontbelieve AI could be effectiveunless it was to come from a different Country andimported in which may interfere withViability . Pam is this correct what I amthinking ? I am not sure I saidit right even .

Correct. There has been a lot of New Zealand blood infusedinto the Silver Fox bloodlines in the eastern US, which has helped toincrease the gene pool and has produced some beautiful Silver Fox inour area. However, it has alsoresultedinsome fast (flyback) coats, which will be DQ'd under the new'06 standard.

Pam

Awwwwwww theres a pretty Girl , I love that first picture , she looks So Regal!

If you're all wonderingWHEREDABUB PICS, it's because I'm not at the home computer. I'lltry to get some up this weekend when I'm home!.:)

Rose

I fugured withhtis thread and a few of us having Palsand some from the same litters it would beinteresting to see howeveryones grow and mature differently. I know I useone brend of feed ,Rose Elf, and Jen alluse different so it will be interestingto see which feed actually meets, doesnt meet , or excells theirgrowth and muscle development . I alsothink where , Jen and I have babies fromthe same Litter itcan also benifit " Rabbits " reseach also .So all Pal owners if you could list which brandof feed you use and protienecontent and fiber content wecan get a start on comparisons .
I use Heinhold 16/18 Free Feed.
Free Hay feed ,
High Fiber Treats once a week
dried fruits and some fresh greens weekly .

Ok, I promise to get photos up soon, but someoneneeds to tell D'Ara she has to hold still long enough, well, reallysomeone needs to tell all my buns that. They have been crazylately!!!

I'll edit later to include protein/fiber as I'm at work and I have to look it up to be sure.

Pellets: 50/50 Mix of Manna Pro Show Formula and Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe (unlimited at this point) plus 1 Tbsp. Calf Manna

Hay: Unlimited

Greens/Fruit: Daily

Pumpkin: 1 Tbsp. Twice Weekly

Jen

Bunny Basics/T
Bunny Basics/T is specifically designed to meet the particularnutritional needs of adult rabbits. Timothy grass hay provides thefiber necessary to maintain digestive health and makes Bunny Basics/Tthe exotic veterinarians' #1 choice for adult rabbits.GuaranteedAnalysis

• Crude Protein min 14.00%
  • Crude Fat min 1.50%
  • Crude Fiber max 29.00%
  • Calcium max 0.85%

160-Bunny-Basics_T-5lb.jpg

:shock: Even inMolt their beautifull , Just LOOK! at that sweetinnocnet pumpkin eating face lol .

Tina and I were just doinga comparison of Tank on the dayshe came ome and a picture of herlast saturday afternoon , I cant get overthe difference

Tank on 10/29:
IM000926.jpg

Tank on 11/5 : one week later

Tank.jpg

What a difference a week can make .

I'm loving this thread. :hearts: Love the Pals. :)

I have a half-Pal, but she looks more Rexy because of her fur andcolor. Do Rexes and Palominos have pretty much the same bodytype though?

Anyway, I'm fascinated by the Palominos. I think they're just gorgeous!

I may be wrong on this {ducks from gypsy justincase} BUT I think both palaminos and rex are meat breed rabbits whichmeans that yes they have the same body style. Although I think it wouldbe cool to have the look of a palamino with that beautiful rex furlol. If I am wrong gypsy will correct me lol.

Shadow : Iexplained this earlier lol Comercial bodies forthe Palomino's , Rex Im not sure whichbody style they have lol .sooooooo ** Smacks Shadow Justfor fun *
10_9_137.gif
Keepquiet about Tomorrow secret until I get pictures up!!!

Latest posts

Back