I noticed a *squirm*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brensbunny

Reaction score
Today, as I was petting BB, in between her ears,she stretched out on her side a bit, and I was just looking at her andrubbing her ears. Then I noticed that her side was *squirming*, lookedlike a sea rolling just a little on her side. I put my hand there andcould maybe feel the squirm, though I'am not sure, she isnt a greatsocial bunny, yet, and I didnt want to press to hard on her to see.

Could she be pregnant? And if so what do I do?

Bren

Not that I know of! I wrote a note to the boys Ihad gotten her from asking them if they were sure their other bun was agirl. How long they had her, etc. SB is a girl as far as I can tell.

Might be worth a trip to the vet to have her palpitated to know for sure depending on their answer! Good luck!

I get that with Loo and Lop when they are chilled out.

I wish I knew what it was too. I know my lot haven't been anywhere near any boys.

I would be really interested to know why it happens

Was it her whole side squirming, or was it justa little part? Mocha's side sometimes moves- I think it'sjust muscle contractions to help stuff move through theintestines. If it's a little squirmy thing, though, I wouldwonder about babies.

I got a email back from the boys, they say thattheir bun is def a girl! They did alot of research on telling the sexesapart.. though I rechecked SB.. and after seeing a really goodcomparision, well lets just say that I'am going to have to recheck heror him.

The part that was squirming a bit on BB was about the size of a pingpong ball, I notice that she nearly devours her veggies down, doesntcare much for her bits of fruit though. Also she lays on her side alot,I caught these pics of her under my bed, so its a tad dark, even thoughI did lighten them up a bit. I haven't noticed her pulling fur or doinganything with her hay.

I read a thread from earlier posting on what to expect, signs of preg,and didnt see much in way of the squirming, just the pulling fur,gathering hay, etc.

She does look to be putting on weight since I got her.

Here's how she lays... under my bed

P9053626.jpg

P9053627.jpg

I would say ONE VeryPregnant Doe , or She has a Tumor in herstomach . I am holding out for one VERYPregnant Doe.

Should have a vet check both your and yourfriends rabbit. The average Joe is much more likely to missex whereas avet knows where to feel for testicles and how to identify every part.You'd also want to make sure your doe is healthy and that the babiesare healthy as well. Good luck with her.

I'd say she looks pregnant too. Look how you cansee the nipples. I felt that squirmy ping-pong ball on my pregnant doealso. A little head, methinks.:D

Rose

P.S. some does don't pull fur until they are in labor. Ditto with the nest. She'll need some kind of nest box.

Latest posts

Back