Merlin the Great

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitGirl101

Reaction score
Hey everyone I was just wondering if any breeders out there had opinions on Merlin. How is she looking so far?

Information on Merlin-
She is a Holland Lop (pedigreed)
Lines are Karrot Kreek, Broos/LL ,THF Saynora and some other lines.
Junior Black tort
I believe she is a doe, but I'm really bad at checking the gender, in the last litter the doe turned out to be a buck and the bucks to does.
Born June 16th, 2013

I really liked how she was turning out but I've been breeding Lionheads a lot Longer than Holland Lops and was hoping people could help tell me what I should be looking for in my kits. Thanks!

Merlin:

71796_207386312752029_547311998_n.jpg

150967_207388896085104_167804703_n.jpg

603168_207388916085102_1843178323_n.jpg

I know these pictures aren't that great, I will try to get some new ones uploaded. Thank you!

Aw, thank you! I really enjoy them, though it's always a work in progress! I hope you will post more pictures of your little one as she grows. Usually about 8 weeks is a good time to say, "Okay, they've got good balance, cute type, let's keep them!" And then 4-6 months is when you can start getting a little more picky and making the harder cuts. Hollands mature very slowly and go through some very "ugly" stages, so it's very much a waiting game.

Thats What I've seemed to notice I have this buck and his ears are just terrible right now, He is A little less than 4 months old but I have no idea where he got his ears his parents ears are in proportion to their head, I'm only keeping him around to see if he out grows this stage, I hope he does! I will defiantly post more pictures! I seen other breeds post a lot of pictures and I think its really cool watching the development that occurs, one day its like why do i have this rabbit and the next day its the favorite rabbit in the barn! Thank you for helping me! I really appreciate it, I've just started in Holland lops, however I've bred lionheads for a couple years and you can tell their type at a young age, so the Hollands are defiantly a confusing breed for me!

So I've decided to do an update on Merlin, well she decided to turn into a he, lol I still have to perfect my gender checking skills. I took him to a show over the weekend, and being only 8 weeks old he did very well competing against the older junior bucks. He ended up placing 2 out of 10. The judge came up to us after the show and said he would have placed 1st but he was getting antsy and started biting her. She was amazed at his type and she even mouthed omg when she saw him lol (it was in a good way) I'm very excited for Merlin but not too excited for when he starts to go in his ugly stage lol!

Wow, super nice buck! Where are you located and what's your rabbitry called? I would love to see an updated picture of him, also!

Thank you! I'm in Michigan, my rabbitry is called Blooming Angels Rabbitry:)We just sent in our application to get registered:)

So I've decided to turn this into a little blog about Merlin, I continuously give updates on whats going on with him.

He is just too cute, he has such a gorgeous face. I´ll be watching for more pics and congrats on the 2nd place. Looks like he´s turning into a nice looking little buck.

I wanted to do an update on Merlin he started his molt! His adult coat is coming in, I'm so excited once it comes in I want to take him to a few shows to see how he competes. He also enter his ugly stage his head looks so narrow and small right now. lol! I've decide to look at his body when trying to figure out if he is staying or not. He has one nice body! just wish he had a little but shorter shoulder and more bone, I will just have to find a good doe to match him to(Maybe I will have to pay for shipping and ask luv lops if they have any doe's for sale?? I always drool over how nice their rabbits are.)

Well anyways here is a picture of Merlin in his molt, its just started on his head, the only adult coat he has right now is on his cute, little nose ;)

TPhoto_00043.jpg

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379686566.860629.jpg I haven't updated this is awhile so Im going to do some updates with pictures attached( the pics are from an iPod so they may not be great quality) merlin is currently going through a molt, ughh, that means lots of floating fur and constant watch to make sure he doesn't get fur block. I thought it was pretty cool though, when he was almost done with his head it looked like he had a Mohawk for a while! ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1379686772.778295.jpg another picture I am attaching is one of him in my boot, yes my boot lol😄 I was letting him run around my house and he absolutely loves my furry boots so he decided to go in them, it was so cute💗Merlin's beginning to develop more and I believe he is going to be a nice show rabbit I am very excited to watch him develop!

Sent from my iPod touch using Rabbit Forum

Latest posts

Back