THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!!!! EXPERTS READ PLEASE!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phazewon

Reaction score
I was cutting the grass in the yard yesterday whenI almost ran over a bunny hole. I don't know anything about rabbits butI found 6 rabbits in the hole and I took them in... I was planning ontaking them to the local Anti-Cruelty Society. I really have know ideahow old these rabbits are. If there is any information that you canprovide, please do so. I would like to keep these rabbits but I thinkits best that they go to Anti-Cruelty. Also, what can I give therabbits to eat???? Can they eat solid foods or can I give the rabbitsregular milk???? They are about size of adollar bill foldedin half. I am in need of help.... One more thing, once I grabbed themout of the hole, can I put them back in the hole or will the motherkill them?????

Phazewon,

I'm not an expert on rabbits.

I do know that the best thing for you to do is to return them to thenest. The doe won't stay near the nest because that would showpredators where they are. She'll come back and feed them in themorning. She'll usually feed them once a day in the morning, sometimestwice a day. You can usually always depend on the early morning feeding.

You can check on them by going outside in the morning and seeing ifthey have warm and round bellies. If they don't, call the wildliferehabber. It's very hard to keep wild rabbits alive on your own,besides being illegal, they'll get better care at the rehabber and havea chance.

The mother won't ignore them if they have your scent on them. They're not like birds in that sense.

If their eyes are open, they're probably just about ready to ventureout on their own. If their eyes are closed, they need their mother'smilk. In the pinch, some whole milk or KMR with a bit of cream woulddo, but overfeeding them could kill them, so you have to know whatyou're doing.

It depends on the stage in their development.

-Carolyn

OK.. I am putting them back now.. I hope that everything will be ok with them... I will inform you guys tomorrow morning...

Latest posts

Back