Been gone for a while......

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mom2many

Reaction score
Well I haven't been here for a while on April 30thwe woke to no bunnies anymore. We kept our bunns outside insturdy cages but we found out that a large determined dog could stillget into them.:( Thankfully on Friday morning the girls didnot go back to say goodmorning to their bunns, and I found them afterdropping the kids off I went to clean the cages and found the screencompletely torn off one cage and Molassis and Sundae laying in theyard. The other cage the door had actually had the latchpulled right off, and bunny hop was right inside the door where she isalways waiting for us.... We didnt' find any sign of Blackyor Hopscotch and we just prayed they managed to getaway.

We have decided to get new bunns for the girls, but we are making amuch better cage and we are going to put them on our front porch and weare putting a gate onthe porchso it will be evenmore difficult for anything to get to the bunns. Also ourfront door is right there so we should be able to hear and get to themif anything tries to hurt them. My sister has 12 2 week oldmini rex babies and 9 week old babies and she has offered my girlstheir pick of the babies when they are ready so DH is working onreinforcing the cage with steel bars as well as the screen mesh, toensure they will be safe.

"I criedafter reading about your bunnies"

This is why I havent' been around, we weren't going to get anymore, Iwas soooo upset, I spent most of the following week crying.DH was so mad I think he would have killed any dog that he found loose,he spent a good 3 hrs that day wandering the neighborhood looking for apossible suspect, there wasa blood trail all the way down thesidewalk to the end of our block. The decision to get more isbecause every time my girls pick a dandilion or go to my sisters theycome home crying for their bunnies, and since we lied and told them thebunnies cage got opened and they hopped away and got lost they keepwanting to go looking for them.

I am so sorry about the buns and I do think youare doing the right thing moving them to safety and replacing them foryour girls. I love dogs too but get so angry the way people allow themto run free and do damage. My thoughts are with youse at this time

I feel so bad for you and your family. What a horrible tragedy for you and your family to go through.

You are all in my thoughts . . .

Pam

Im so sorry about your bunnies.We just lost ourdog, my son was broken hearted(my husband was in the yard with the dogand some strange truckcame up our driveway it backed down andthe dog was gone.We have been running an ad for a week posters upeverywhere only one call it wasnt our dog.bluebird

What a tragedy.

I wondered where you disappeared to.

I'm so sorry.

-Carolyn

I am so sorry for your loss. That's a horrible wayto go.That's good that your getting more bunnys andmaking stronger cages. I don't blame you for not telling the truth toyour kids.

Cristy

Im very sorry about your bunnies. New pets never replace those lost but they help you feel better.

My dad bought my mum a new rabbit after herShadow was takenby a fox. Shadow was taken in the night and my mumwasdistraught. Her fur was all over the garden.

She now has Hazel and shes a little cherub! She stays in sidenow,she comes outside inher run when we areoutside.Shes about 6 now and she made my mum happy again but we'llnever forget Shadow. We just wish we had taken pictures of her beforeshe was taken from us.

Siobhan xXx

Each new bun teaches us something different and isspecial in their own way. Lessons taught by your buns stay with youwhen dealing with new guys. It is very sad for real to lose an animalfriend. There memory and spirit is never far away

We are so sorry to hear of you loss. Knowing what it is like to lose a bun, our thoughts are with you.

I think the descision to give a wonderful home to some new bunn's is agood one, when we lost Dylan the 1st we'd only has him 4 days andClaire was devestated, but we decided we wanted to try again. As muchas we miss Dylan 1st we know he will be happy forever where he is nowand we have Dylan 2nd loving us to bits here.

Best Wished.

Steve, Claire and Dylan II

OMG I just read this....I am so sorry...I'malready cryin over here. :( I'd blame the dog, but it's just theirnatural instinct and I'm sure he probably didn't know they weresomeone's pets. *hugs* I hope your new buns stay safe!

Oh, I am so sorry that you and your buns had to gothrough something like this. I am so glad that your childrendid not go back and look at the buns before school. It washard enough for you to discover what had happened. It is goodthat you are going to have buns again. They willnever replace the others but I know that your family has a lot of loveto give. Bunnies give love right back and that can help youheal that hurt in your heart. Please come to the forum andtalk with us. There are many in this forum who have lost bunsthat they loved and it helps to know that people share yourfeelings. Please keep posting and let us know about your newbuns and know that we are here if you just need totalk. We will be sending warm,lovingpositive thoughts your way. Beckie

Latest posts

Back