Bunnies and Cats!! Y

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinniebunnie

Reaction score
Our cat jazzy likes to chase Vinnie aroud when heis roaming the garden. They don't seem to hurt eachother and Vinniemore often chases him away, however on a couple of occasions jazz hastried to pin Vin down and he does paw him quite a bit(no claws though).Vin doesn't at all seem scared of him and will sometimes initiate thechase and they are never un-supervised when this is going on. I wasjust wondering if this is ok or should I never let them be in thegarden together at the same time. I think Jazz is somewhat jealous ofVin as he never seems to chase Shannon (other bun) he just likesplaying with Vinnie.

Hi Vinniebunnie,

Some cats and rabbits do get along quite well. Sounds likethey're just having a blast together playing and they're the best offriends. I'd keep an eye on them though just to besure that Jazz doesn't go overboard in her playing.

-Carolyn

Hi, Just keep a keen eye on the two of them whenthey play. Their interaction is the same as I had with One-Eye (one ofour cats) and Lumpy. Lumpy would chase One-Eye whenever he could andpester him when he was sleeping. Rabbits and cats do bond. My Tippy2washes the buns and sleeps with them. I had the opportunity to placeOne-Eye in another home (he was a foster). Lumpy was devastated and hishealth seriously deteriorated to the point where I had to put him tosleep (he had always had digestive problems). I have since blamedmyself because I seperated them. So, keep an eye on them and let themplay. Not all cats want to eat bunnies. Some bunnies, on the otherhand, would like to eat cats! Oreo (bun) went after Patches (cat) theother day and gave him the old "what for"!!! http://www.dootsmom.com

Hi Dootsmom,

Those pictures are absolutely Adorable!! Lumpy was the cutestever, and the picture of One-Eye and Lumpy is adorable. Itlooks like Lumpy had all the animals right where he wantedthem. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful furry andfeathery friends with us. They're all very heartwarmingpictures, especially the one where you and Lumpy are taking a littlesnooze together. Wish he didn't have to pass on so soon, buthe was obviously very loved and had a wonderful life on earth asKing.

-Carolyn

I was wondering do rabbits and dogsget along? I have my rabbit,but I haven't had a dog,since Ihad my rabbit.

Hi Pepper,

That's a bit more challenging for dogs and rabbits, although it'shappened. It's risky, but with the right personalities ofboth animals and the proper time it takes to bond them, it's possible.

-Carolyn

Ahh those pictures are sooo lovely. Lumpy was aright cutey. I would love to get a picture of jazzy and vinnie togetherbut they mess around too much and I would have to take it realquick.Are all those animals yours, what a selection.

Pepper

We have a pug he is only a puppy still but he is quite chunky and hepins the cat down and stuff (poor cat gets chased my eveything,although he sometimes starts it). He has met the rabbits but onlythrough thier run/hutch and I think I would be scared to let him meetthem in an open environment as he does bark at them.

Hi Pepper, We also have a dog, a Norwegian Elkhound(yes, he does chase Deer. The last one he met chased him!). Ever sinceLumpy decided that Thor's tail looked like a female rabbit, hetolerates them. He barks at them when they get too close. Thor knowsthat if he ever hurt one of the rabbits that I would literally "rip hislips off"!! I have told him so. LOL! As Carolyn has said, it's more ofa challenge with them and it depends upon the personality of the dog,and it's breed. I would never trust a breed, such as a Terrier with arabbit. Charlotte

Thanks Pam. I know that I should remove Lumpy'spictures and move on but, he was my "Love" and I enjoying sharing theMemory of him with others. The pictures of him, I think, are also agood "learning tool" for those who are thinking about getting a bun. Ihave found that there is no such thing as a truely "bunny proofed" homeand I tell newbies to be preparred and what to expect from these littlebundles of joy, and frustration. Oreo was just returned, after beinggone for 5 months. It seems that she was too "spunky" for her newfamily. Their last bun was quiet, and calm. Well, Easter is upon us andmy "herd" will grow, again. I wish that everyone that thought ofgetting a Bun would come to sites, such as this, before they bought apet that requires the special needs and understanding that they do.Keep up the good work, you "guys" are great! Charlotte

Hi Dootsmom,

You never have to forget about Lumpy and move on. I'm certainshe's alive and well in Heaven and checks in on you and the other bunsas she is able. I know that sounds absolutely crazy, but I'veknown of a wonderful, incredibly on-target psychic whom friends of minehave gone to and is world-known. This gentleman definitelystates that animals pass over and their spirits sometimes remain withus. I could care less who wants to hand my head to me overthis or not. Afriend of my mom has whereas herbedroom was haunted by a male ghost and his cat. Youliterally could see the footprints of the cat's ghost makingindentations on the bed as evidenced by manypeople.The house eventually was exorcised and thereis no longer any incidents. Moral of the story: Animals passover too. I'm sure Lumpy loves it when you think and talkabout her.

You're absolutely correct in your thinking that Lumpy can teach othershow loving and fun rabbit's can be. A picture's worth athousand words and your pictures sure showhow special arelationship between a lagomorph and a human can be.

My heart goes out to all the rabbits that will be abandoned thisEaster. I try not to think too much about it because itupsets me so much. I'd take them all if I could,seriously. You too are an excellentadvocate forrabbits, we too are fortunate to have your help.

-Carolyn

What a bunch ofcuties! Lumpy is so adorable I just wanna reach in the screenand give him a great big hug! ;)

Yeah, dogs and rabbits are muchmore riskier. Especially if you have my dog (an odd mutt withboth Terrier and bull dog in him. Okay that sounds weird...but he's really very cute!) Anything that moves and we say isokay for him to get (which is usually a toy or anything that makes anelectronic noise), he goes for like he's ready to have ameal! However, I can never quite figure out what he'sthinking. When we took him down to LA to visit my uncle, hewould sit staring at the cat. Just staring! Andthen he would inch closer and closer and we would get him away, but onetime he escaped our grasp and got the cat right where he wanted it:between his front paws! We raced over to stop him when wenoticed that all he was doing to the cat was licking it! Wecouldn't tell if he was cleaning the cat, or if he was tenderizingit...

When I first got my rabbit, hewould stare in the same way at him through the gate in my room'sdoor. Once though he even tried to lunge at the gate to'catch' Umbra as he was running by. Since then Mac (the dog)is never near the hallway when Umbra's around, and if he starts tomeander towards us, I command him to leave (which he does).I'd never trust him near Umbra alone or without a very tall wallbetween 'em. The only trouble now is that whenever Umbrahears my dog's collar/tags rattling from him coming down the hallway,the little guy races up to the gate to say hello! He thinksthe giant furry thing with teeth the size of his front paws is afriend! Boy he doesn't know how wrong heis...

Wow, um, that's a lot of stuff Ijust typed... I can sure talk a lot about Mac...But he's an odd dog with abandonment issues, and the only dog I've everknown to have actually buried a bone in the backyard!Lol!

--Melissa and Umbra (and Mac on the other side of the house)

Hi Carolyn

Do u think that when animals go to pass away we get reunited with themwhen we go, I would love to see all my past animals that have passedagain as when you lose them it can be so devestating especially incases like our old fat cat osbourne whohad to be put to sleepDec 2002, he had lived with us for ten years after we rescued him fromthe blue crossand it would be a comforting thought to thinkthat they were all together, happy somewhere.

Hi Vinniebunnie,

Yes, I absolutely believe that anything that is loved or has lovedpasses into Heaven and we will be reunited with them when our timecomes.

George Anderson is a very well-known psychic, and a couple of peoplethat I've known have gone to see him and get a reading. Inboth cases, he described to them details of their loved ones that onlythe person knew. He also described the previous pets thathe'd seen with the spirits of the loved ones, describedthemand identified one by name. It was impossiblefor this guy to know such information having never met thesefamily/friends that had seen him and living5hoursaway from him. It's all on tape as well as he records thereadings while doing them.

The cat prints on the bed was something that this older woman and herfamily could not have done themselves. It's hard to denysomething when you and otherswitness it with your owneyes. This woman was beside herself in upset over thishappening, and it wasn't until she caught it on video tape with herdaughter in the room that people really started to believe her.

You may wish to check out this poem. It's given a lot ofcomfort to people who've lost their beloved pets. I'm sureyour little baby is on the Other Side watching over you and waiting foryou.http://rainbowsbridge.com/As I said, I really don't care who agrees with me and whodoesn't. It will not shake me of my beliefs if I'm calledcrazy, nor would I give it any credit or value. We all mustfind our own way, but having witnessed what I have in more than justthis instance, I truly believe in Life after Life, pets are more likelythan anyone to make it into Heaven considering the unconditional loveand joy they give us.

-Carolyn

Back to the Cat and Bunny thing for a secondhere.... Has anyone seen a CABBIT! lol they're so cute.... they got thefront of a cat, but the back of a bunny... it's so weird but so cutelol. My friend wanted me to breed my bun with her cat, I waslike....noooo haha.

Well she said her friend has one, but then again, she did have a Silo fall on her...:?

*laughs*

How's your little Beauty Bunny Girl today?

Latest posts

Back